Fainting after smoking?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by tweekend, Jun 4, 2010.

1. tweekend

tweekend New Member

Hey guys

So two days ago I was with two really good friends who I normally chief with, and we had just ripped a fat bong bowl and went outside onto his small porch to smoke a cigarette and grill some food, it was after all a nice day out, a little hot though. After I finished my cigarette, I noticed that my body started feeling very strange, and I became much less talkative, and felt it way too tiring to talk. Next, I could feel my legs starting to become very tired and they wanted to give out. Sure enough, as I was standing there leaning against the wall, my leg gave loose and I just collapsed. I quickly stood up afterwards and my friends asked if I was okay, and I came up with some bullshit excuse as to why I just ate it while standing up. A few minutes later I had started learning/falling over against the railing of the deck, and my friend had to catch me otherwise I would have fallen again(I do not remember my friend needing to catch me, I thought I was good on my own). He had screamed my name at me three times, the first two times I had responded to him in my head saying "what" (as if I was answering him telepathically lol) and finally on the third time I finally said "what" out loud and I was told to stand up. I replied "oh shit, I'm not standing up", and then stood up, where I was led inside and given food to eat and some water to drink. About an hour after it happened I threw up, and then felt completely back to normal.
    I was sweating profusely and was very very hot right after I had fallen. That day I had not eaten since 10am and the time of all this happening was around 4 or 5. I was wearing 3/4 length sleeves and shorts, but it was about 78 degrees outside. I'm not sure if it was the heat, the fact I hadn't eaten, dehydration, the pot, or even something else I don't know...

Two weeks previous to this, the same people, who are really close friends of mine, smoked again out of the same bong together and I felt sick and ended up sleeping the entire night. Only after waking and eating food did I feel better.

Any ideas as to what could have been going on?

Thanks!

2. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

Maybe it's a blood sugar thing? I don't know, your body can be weird sometimes for no apparent reason...

3. buddlydoright

buddlydoright New Member

yea sound like something we wouldn't know. Or it was just a combination of the heat, weed(big fat bong), cigs, not eating in a while.

4. besthobby420

besthobby420 New Member

When I'm taking bong rips I find it hard to stand up sometime too. Take it easy man, especially if you haven't eaten.

5. iruntherapgame

iruntherapgame New Member

Early on in my smoking days(about a year ago). I had filled up about half a swisher with weed. It was a really hot day. I smoke it and went inside. Felt completely normal, until I went up the stairs. Once I got to the top of the stairs I started feeling real hot and dizzy. I then proceeded to fall right on to a package of paper towels on the floor. Still dizzy, I got up and got a drink and sat down. It was the hottest I've ever been in my life. I was sweating profusely. I then drank the water and was fine. That has never happened since.

6. benjammin21

benjammin21 New Member

"I'm not sure if it was the heat, the fact I hadn't eaten, dehydration, the pot, or even something else I don't know..."

It was probably a combination of all of these...you could even blame the cig buzz too.

About half a year ago me and some buddies were blazing a couple blunts in a hot tub with some friends. It was mid day, sunny, very hot, and the hot tub was on a balcony. Our friend was rippin the blunt previously and was sitting outside the hot tub. She leaned back over the balcony just to feel the sun for a sec, leaned back up and passed out right into the hot tub. Luckily my buddy caught her and she was up 5 seconds later...but if she woulda passed out and fell over the balcony it would have been bad news.

heat + blunt smoke tends to make people pass out. I've almost passed out at concerts cause of too many people blazin up.

7. High

High as a kite

Dehydration + poor diet + smoking cigarettes = Fainting.

8. ichi

ichi New Member

eat drink

i find it better if i eat somthing light before i toke up. so what it probably was the fact that you hadn't eaten anything and also some form of dehydration. the same thing happened to me when i basically didn't eat anything all day and smoked a couple of bowlswhen i made it home, and i didn't feel any beter till a threw up.next time just take it easy and take a drink and every few bong hits when you in a sesion if nuthing is basically on your stomach, and maby a light snack.

9. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

This type of thing used to happen to me all the time when I first started using water filtered types of smoking devices. It tends to get you a whole lot more active ingredients in one hit so the feeling hits you all at one time instead of a slow, easy come up. I would vomit and everything, as well. Try taking smaller bong hits and less frequently. You kind of have to warm up to using smoking implements that deliver more THC than you're used to.

I would also get "nic-sick" (nicotine sickness) when I first started smoking blunts and got it even worse when I started smoking tobacco with weed.

10. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Marijuana can lower blood pressure considerably. When your blood pressure is low and you're standing up, less blood gets pumped up to your brain and you can become faint. The most frequent occurrence is that someone who is high sitting down stands up quickly. The low blood pressure from the weed combines with the low blood pressure from standing up (orthostatic hypotension) and they faint.

11. Tristyn Posey

Tristyn Posey New Member

This same exact thing had happened to me!!! I was in the mall and me and my friend were shopping and i started to lean on the tables and i just fell and went unconscious for like 5 seconds. Got back up, ate some Auntie Ann's pretzels and felt perfectly fucking fine.. /: Who knows.. BUT i ALWAYS feel light headed when i smoke now, and KNOW to always bring myself a water bottle and some snacks! :)