Firecrackers taste like shit?!

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by codyf, Sep 4, 2011.

1. codyf

codyf New Member

So firecrackers are about the only vegan recipe I can find. I've made them twice now. The first time I microwaved them (big mistake) and the taste was so bad. I got one down, and almost vomited, so that was it. Now I did it a second time, but differently. I used peanut butter and olive oil for extra fat content, and I cooked them slower, and for longer in the oven instead of the microwave. They're a little better this time, but it still tastes like there's fucking grass clippings or something in my weed. Why is it so gross, whenever I eat one I feel like i'm gonna throw up cuz it's so gross.
  2. CivilMinded

CivilMinded New Member

Get better weed?
  3. LoAnnaLove

LoAnnaLove Active Member

The weed can affect the taste, but I think its the cooking factor. I've tried cooking method and several times the 4day method. Make sure your weed is really finely grounded, then mix it with the peanutbutter. Spread on crackers like you normally would, wrap in tinfoil and leave out somewhere warm for 3-5 days. I've added banana and strawberry ontop when ready to eat. Idk the peanutbutter gets to grainy and dry when you cook them. Leave out method is better. Or if your looking for any edible thats vegan, I would sugest "Green Dragon". Its similar with the option of leaving out or cooking, and you just mix the weed and strong alcohol. Theres detailed recipes somewhere on this forum.
  4. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt "Green Dragon"= Vodka that has had weed sitting in it for a few days to extract the THC?
  5. LoAnnaLove

LoAnnaLove Active Member

No, your not wrong, that is one way of doing it, that I noted. I stated to look for detailed recipes, because mine was a really quick basic example. Vodka=strong alcohol, sitting in it for a few days=leaving out. Did I forget that you can strain it too? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  6. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

Put marshmallow fluff on it after it's done cooking. :munchies:
  7. CaliforniaKelly

CaliforniaKelly New Member

Marshmallows?
  8. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

9. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

Nutella and Wheat Thins taste a lot better than PB and crackers.
    2 people like this.
  10. claygooding

claygooding DrugWarVeteran

If you use "chunky" peanut butter,,it will cover the grainy,,,unless you are adding too much weed or improperly ground marijuana,,,I use a coffee grinder and turn it into dust.
    1/2>3/4 gram is the most I would put in each firecracker,,,and 30 seconds in a microwave is enough,,,more and you stand the chance of vaporizing your weed,,and losing part of it's potency,,,I use two 15 second applications,,,back to back

Take 1/2 gram of cleaned marijuana,,put it in a freezer ziplock bag,,,microwave for
    1 to 1.5 mins on high,,,,huff the bag,,,cheap vaporizer
    4 people like this.
  11. CaliforniaKelly

CaliforniaKelly New Member

Ooohhh... :)
  12. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

Do you guys recommend using a microwave? I've heard it doesn't work well and I'd rather just use an oven because I don't like to waste weed!
  13. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

@ A Stoner

No, you shouldn't use a microwave. It will destroy THC and it will taste worse.
    2 people like this.
  14. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

That's what I thought...
  15. claygooding

claygooding DrugWarVeteran

it is a powerful tool,,,that many people use wrong,,,too much time and you ruin your pot,,,15 or even 10 second bursts are the way to work with it,,,to heat the pb and oil
    to the temp reqd to leach the thc from the weed,,,people put to long a blast of heat on their firecrackers and ruin them.
  16. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

I'm gonna stick with a controlled heat source. Microwave temps vary and as I said before wasting = bad!
  17. n0va59

n0va59 New Member

ahhhhh the fluffernutter sandwhich :munchies:
  18. Ghoast

Ghoast New Member

Bro it's all about using chocolate spread instead of pb and cookies instead of crackers.

Chocolate spread wedged between 2 cookies, you can't go wrong!
  19. A Stoner

A Stoner New Member

I tried it with PB and chips ahoy. Holy fuck nasty as shit, that was last year, it didn't work as I said above (I think, wow I'm too lazy to scroll up, but I am not too lazy two write this whole parenthesis note...) I used the wait out method. Almost puked.
  20. Le0n

Le0n New Member

Some people can't handle the taste of weed, like me. I made butter once, and it tasted like CRAP.

Some people can handle it, but I suspect they have a rectum for a tongue...