First Person to Ever Smoke Weed

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by amotti, Sep 16, 2008.

1. amotti

amotti New Member

i have decided to try to find out who the first person to ever smoke weed was/is. any help or information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

2. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say....

No one knows.

3. Herbania

Herbania Don't fear the reefer

Yeah, no one knows. The Greek historian Herodotus wrote the earliest accounts of cannabis use in the 5th century BC.He tells of the Scythians, a tribe from southern Russia, throwing the stuff onto hot coals in sealed tents made of felt.He said the Scythians would howl in delight while sitting in their tents and it was their favorite pastime. As far as I know that's the earliet record of it being used as recreation. Herodotus described them burning the seeds, but as we all know , he probably got it wrong and mistook the seeds as the active part of the plant.
    The Indians used it long before that but they didn't smoke it, they mixed it with milk sugar and spices and used it as a medicine. That same mixture is still being used today in India for all sorts of maladies, though it's more of a folk medicine. The documentation for this is in the Vedic Hymns that date from about 1000 BC. They called the plant Soma.

4 people like this.
  4. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

cannabis use has been traced back many thousands of years, you can try, I don't think it is possible. If you find out tell us.

5. steakii

steakii New Member

You could search for your entire life and never know. Im not telling you to quit on your goal, but it seems like a lost cause anyways. Who cares who took the 1st hit? that person is long dead now and has left a legacy for all to enjoy.

6. Noobtastic

Noobtastic New Member

Moses? I can't imagine someone talking to any other burning bush, you?

7. mizzOe

mizzOe New Member

I'm betting it was someone from India.

8. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I was the first person to smoke weed. It's a funny story. In 2014, I'll complete work on my time machine. I'll go back to 10,000 BC and smoke a joint, just for the "first person" bragging rights. I'll stop at the Crucifixion on the way back and hang out for a few days to see Jesus rise from the dead. Then I'll offer him a toke, so I can have bragging rights for being the first person to get high with the Risen Christ.

How do I know this? I left notes.

2 people like this.
  9. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I was going to make a joke using Temporal Linguistics, but I thought of the joke after I posted the post.