First time eating cannabis and I FREAKED OUT!

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by TheNinja, Jan 24, 2012.

1. TheNinja

TheNinja New Member

So I've smoked maybe 4 times in my entire life. I'm 31 years old and I recently got a medical marijuana card to help with mood, chronic shoulder pain, and to try and give up alcohol.

The guy at the counter says to get the 1 dose cookie and eat maybe half to start. I'm a cheap ass so i buy the super potent and figure I'll just take 1 bite.

So I get this "potent" chocolate bar. Says it is 3-6 doses in 1 bar. I take maybe 1/6th of the bar, maybe not even that much. 1st problem is that I took it first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach...don't have a morning appetite usually. About 1 hour later I start to freaking freak out!!

I go for a walk and things get freaky! I have a million thoughts racing in my head. I tell myself it'll pass soon and it'll all be fine. Going crazy. It finally passed after 2 hours. I literally didn't talk move or hardly breathe the whole time.

Am i allergic? Will I get this every time? Did I just dose to much on an empty stomach? Should I try more indica based instead? Is smoking it better...I'd literally do 1 puff.

I'm scared to try it again, but I really believe it can help me overall for the things I mentioned. Maybe it just doesn't agree with me.
  2. sativaking

sativaking New Member

Freaking out on edibles is VERY common for first time eaters, even if youve smoked before , theres no way to tell the specific dose for your body and your needs with out experimenting with dose first .Edibles are definetly stronger on an empty stomach, so just try eating half of what you did last time.

I reccomend trying smoking or vaping while your first getting started , the effect is different , but it is much esier to control dosage.

Eating is going to help more with pain then anything , but it will help with the other things you mentioned . When picking a strain to smoke try out a indica / sativa hybrid 60% indica / 40% Sativa dont get the highest thc leval weed they have when your starting out , as your first experiences will be your strongest.

Just talk to the budtenders at the dispensery about what your looking for in your cannabis , and they will help you find the product you need.
    2 people like this.
  3. TheNinja

TheNinja New Member

Thanks sativaking. I was seriously freaked. I usually pride myself on having a strong mind as well so I think that helped me. I kept telling myself this will all pass, just calm down. My thoughts were going crazy and my mind was talking to itself....1/2 wanted to just go find a hole to sleep in, the other half said to go find a doctor to help or something and the 3rd 1/2...yes 3 1/2s:)...tried to maintain control. It took about 2 hours and all of a sudden a cloud lifted from my brain and things became "normal-ish" again. It was weird, it was like I could all of a sudden talk and breathe again...heh.

I'll talk to the budtenders...the guy who helped me last time is probably going to think "I told this newbie not to get the "potent" stuff....maybe next time he'll listen"..lol. I'll reiterate I'm a complete noob and basically smoked 4x in my life, 2x I didn't even get a buzz.

I was just hoping to give me a little pain relief and mood relief during the day.

I just hope this isn't something I ever have to experience again. I'm going to eat like 1 crumb first...then add another crumb in 1 hour if I need it..lol.
  4. PhoLuM

PhoLuM New Member

Well what Sativaking said would probably work and what you said about sativa or indica? I would get Hybrid.. Oh and don't buy edibles yet, unless you don't smoke... I would vape some Hybrid (Hog or something like that).
  5. sativaking

sativaking New Member

also if you do continually freak out , try high cbd medicines with very low to no thc , that will help relieve pain, and will have very little phsycho active affect at all .
  6. seiko

seiko New Member

i remembered my first edible... first it was great then i freaked dude because i was tripping out...
  7. TheNinja

TheNinja New Member

I didn't even think I ate that much. By my best guess I'd say maybe .4 of a gram. It says 2.5g on the package and I had at most 1/6th of the bar.

I should have listened to the budman and got the "regular" strength cookie and ate 1/2 of it...lol.

I think the environment played a factor b/c I wasn't figuring on the panic to set in. I thought I'd just relax a little and all of a sudden I was like "Something aint right, I gotta get out of here now!....then just went on a wild ride for about 2 hours". It was the most panicked I had been ever since I can remember. I must have looked like a damn statue on the outside with my insides going 100 MPH, lol.

So as far as smoking...you think it's easier to manage dosage. What is the best way to just have 1 puff? I don't want to set up a bong or anything crazy. I just want a little buzz. I'm not looking to get stoned out of my mind. A little buzz and some pain relief, and hopefully decrease my appetite for alcohol.

Also, is there something different I should do if I want edibles again? Have a full stomach and take like 1/4 "dose"?
  8. new2twistinup

new2twistinup One with the Universe.

buy or roll a small joint and take a few puffs then put it down wait about 10minutes for the buzz to kick in then if its not what you want continue to take another puff or two and repeat untill you like it.
  9. sativaking

sativaking New Member

Buy a one hitter/dugout . A small straight tube pipe that is held in one section of the dugout box , and in the other is your weed. You just stick the tube into the weed section and it packs enough the one hitter , and you just light it from the tip and smoke it like a cig / joint.

Try google because im not sure I describes it very well, but its what you need.
  10. FreddyC

FreddyC Pot is a better drug than alcohol. Fact!

After eating brownies made with canna-oil awhile back, I totally understand how people get way out of line. Took me far away and didn't return me for a couple of hours!!! Freddy
  11. Teleo9

Teleo9 New Member

Also, since you said it was the first thing you ate in the morning, for some reason when you smoke/eat marijuana first thing in the morning it's much more intense, hence why the term 'wake and bake' is so widely known. The medical marijuana stuff can be incredibly potent, so next time I think what you should do is listen to what they say at the counter and find the right stuff for you ;)
  12. TheNinja

TheNinja New Member

So I just got a little $7 glass chillum for now. See if that's better. :) Good luck to me.
  13. FreddyC

FreddyC Pot is a better drug than alcohol. Fact!

I remember laughing at this. After tripping on the brownies I mentioned in a previous post, I totally get how this happened to someone who isn't that experienced with it.

Cop Eats Pot Brownies, Calls 911 - YouTube
  14. greenfish13

greenfish13 New Member

i used to get nervous for a while these past few weeks, but it has passed since then, and i have been smoking every day all day. I imagine it would be the same with edibles, as with smoking, but man somebody wrote something about putting that on steak, wholly shit brain orgasm! Imagine weed butter on some lobster or shrimp. :munchies::spin: