First Time Offense for Possession and Possession of Paraphernalia

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Emjaylover, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

So, I'm a 15 year old everyday smoker from Ohio, and a few days ago I got charged for Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Paraphernalia. My mom caught me smoking a month or two ago, and she was pretty pissed about it, but I decided it would be best to just be honest with her, so I told her everything and told her I intended to keep smoking in hopes that she would just accept it and move on. That didn't happen, so we both just kind of went on with what we were doing, but she knew I was still smoking. One night I came home so high from smoking with my friends that she decided I had a serious problem and took me to a Psychologist. My mom told him the situation and he suggested that she did everything in her power to get me to stop smoking if that what she believes in, even if involved getting the law involved. As soon as we stepped through the door, my mom yelled at me to give her all of my pot. I didn't want to get it because I was shocked at her random timing and I didn't want her to find all the stuff I was hiding (more than just weed.) She then threatened to call the police. Keep in mind that my parents do this almost every time I get in trouble. But she did call and gave the officer consent to search our home while she was on the phone. (Something I never would have done.) I begged her to give me another chance, and let me just give it to her without getting the police involved, but she told me it was too late. When the police arrived, they told me that since they have consent to search our home I could just give it to them there or they can search for it. I told them I would go get it, and me and my mom went to go open up my stash drawer. She took a pipe, several (but not all) of the .5g bags I had in there, and a pack of cigarettes I had to hollow out and refill with weed. She missed A LOT of stuff I had in there. She handed it to the officer, and she told me to make sure I gave them everything because they could just go search for it if I wasn't cooperate. I saw this as an opportunity to get rid of some of the other things that were in that drawer in case they did decide to search our house. So I went down, took all the stuff that was in there and quickly threw it in an area nobody would ever look in (this is where I keep all of my weed, and I get out small amounts at a time to avoid having it all confiscated.) I went back up and handed them 2 more .5 bags to convince them I did in fact go down there to check for more. They then proceeded to ask me who I got it from, and there was no way I was going to give away my friend, he'd always been loyal to me and I wanted to do the same for him. They told me if I didn't tell them who I got it from they would take me in. Still, I would have rather gotten in more trouble than to get my friend involved. So they handcuffed me, put me in the back of their car, and took me to the police station, which was incredibly embarrassing in front of all of my neighbors. While I was in their car, I remembered that I should of given them the name of the guy who used to sell me weed and ended up stealing $100 from me. When they brought my mom into the police station (she had driven to it while I was sitting there), they said they would give me one more chance to tell them who sold it to me, and that they would drop the cigarettes charge if I gave the name. I thought that cigarettes were illegal to buy but not to possess, but she assured me that possession of tobacco was illegal for minors. So I gave them the name of the guy who stole $100 from me. After they gave me my charges, they told us that they would notify us of a court date, and released us. It really is an awful feeling knowing that I got in legal trouble for pot in a way that was mostly not my fault, and I would feel much better if I could take full responsibility for it.

So, this being my first time getting involved with the law I have several questions:
    1.) What will they do to the guy that I gave the name of?
    2.) Is there anything I need to do to prepare for the court date?
    3.) What can I expect to happen? (Probation? Community service? Will I get a criminal record?)
    4.) Do I need to stop smoking in case of drug tests? Keep in mind I REALLY like smoking and if possible would like to continue.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and any constructive input is appreciated.
  2. gman0179

gman0179 New Member

That story kind of saddens me and pisses me off. What kind of mother would call the police on their own fucking kid!?!?!?! That's the worst parenting I've ever heard of. I'm sorry for you man as for the Guy who you gave the name they'll probably knock on his door and say they have suspicion of him selling shit. And I think the cop was bullshitting you about those cigarette charges. Anyways good luck man
  3. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

Thanks for the reply man. Yeah, I couldn't believe my mom would actually do that, I mean, there has to be so many better ways to handle a situation like that. It's sad that someone could think that weed is so bad that it would be better to get arrested and receive several drug charges. This really shows how biased people have become. I think they were bullshitting me about this cigarettes too, that's what I thought the whole time since I just looked it up online and several websites said the same thing, "Illegal to buy, but not to possess or smoke." I wasn't sure if it was a state law or something, or if the cop was just proving that he was, indeed, a lying asshole.
  4. gman0179

gman0179 New Member

yeah im 15 and i thjink exactly like you do, instead of handling it themselves you now have a criminal record which will make it harder to get a job and whatnot. and it seemed like that cop was just trying to intimidate you so you would cough up the name of that dude. assholes man.
  5. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

Exactly. Rather than wasting their day busting harmless stoners minding their own business, maybe they should just chill, sit back, and smoke a j themselves. I have a dream, man.
    2 people like this.
  6. Kitube

Kitube New Member

well i assume you are from usa. so i dont know what will happen to you. but where i live iam allowed to:
    1. carry with me weed as long as its for personal use
    2. smoke in public places can ONLY get me to pay a fine, no criminal record and stuff (unless maybe iam not able to pay the fine on the spot, not sure about that)
    3. i can have 1 plant at home, also just a fine, no prison or jail or anything else.
    4. i can have personal amounts at home and nothing can happen to me.
    5. i can smoke at home as much as i want and nothing can happen to me.
    6. no charges ever for drug stuff, like pipes bongs vaporizers grinders.

it gets a problem if you sell, gift, buy, have large amounts or carry large amounts with you.
    the funny thing is, the only legal way to get weed here is with having one plant, yet your allowed to have weed so its like. where did u get the weed? ehm i just got it, i didnt buy it or anything it just appeared in my hands :wazzup::rasta:
    3 people like this.
  7. lonelyjimmyg

lonelyjimmyg New Member

:cheers: Where are you from bro because I definitely like THOSE laws........
  8. Kitube

Kitube New Member

yeah, i like em too, iam pretty safe carrying bud around with me or having it at home.
    i live in chile (south america) but iam from germany. but iam moving to germany next year to study there.
    and the laws in germany are much harsher, similar to usa, but iam hopefully able to pop over to Amsterdam, not sure about that weed pass though :shrug: but iam sure iam gonna figure something out.

:afro:
    2 people like this.
  9. mariguana

mariguana New Member

Every now and then cops show up at our school like any other high school, they don't care if were smoking lol. I sold a cig to a guy while a cop on a bike went by, the cop was probably just pressuring you. Unless the laws are different in Ohio haha. You should call your local police station and find out about that instead of looking online because it's different everywhere.
  10. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

Does anyone know how long it takes after being charged before I have to appear in court? Because it sounds like, from my research, I'm probably gonna get drug tested at court.

What the fuck was a cop doing on a bike? Was he off his shift or what?
    That's like the president giving a speech in his pajamas.
  11. gman0179

gman0179 New Member

are you sure you weren't just in a scene of 21 jump street? They were cops on bikes
  12. mariguana

mariguana New Member

bro I live in Canada, we got cops on polar bears also. But yeah we have cops on bikes here also. They have it in usa also, dunno what the fuss is about lol.
  13. lonelyjimmyg

lonelyjimmyg New Member

14. bowl made of pot

bowl made of pot New Member

they'll probably slap you with probation with color code testing for 6 months 100 dollar fine and 40 hrs of community service, I lived in toledo for about 3 months when I was your age and some dude I know that got busted, as for the guy, he better not know you ratted him out because then he can get pissed and you don't know what some of these people are capable of... for selling pot he's probably gonna get sent off and 2 years probation (as a minor) assuming he's not a minor, you won't be seeing him for a while. Your parents are assholes, but you should of hid it better. If you have a PS2 you can take out the back and throw alot of stuff in there just put it in a shelf and noone will find it but when your mom called the cops you should have flushed the weed and put the cigarettes somewhere in a different room and wipe it with your shirt so it can't be traced to you by cops.
  15. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

Had my court date yesterday...
    Was a little bit worried going in since I'd been smoking everyday up until then, I just thought if they drug test me there wouldn't be an adequate amount of time to prove I'd smoked since I got busted. I walked in to a waiting room full of stoners until they called me into an office and had me talk to some lady who was very unpleasant. (Negative attitude, bad mood, etc.) She started off by asking me how long I'd been clean for... (Oh shit, I should have planned for that.)
    "Three weeks," I said retardedly without thinking whatsoever.
    She pointed out that that was after I had been caught, but she didn't really care. I told her I wasn't sure of the exact date since it seems like the days in the summer tend to run together. She asked me lots of, somewhat private, questions about my life, and my mom was telling her everything which probably ended up getting me a stricter sentence. After that she gave me a contract for a 60 day diversion program. The terms were to obey my parents, stay clean, attend 5 consecutive, weekly two-hour drug meetings, and pass any random drug tests that they may give me. She told me that I had to take a piss test then, but failing it would have no consequences since I told her it had only been 3 weeks. Some pissed off asshole gave me a cup and made me whip out my dick while he stared at me, my only privacy being my body itself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this rules out any possibility of substitution. Today was my first day clean and I plan to stay that way until the program is up, because I'm getting off VERY easy with less than 2 months.

Anyway....I have a couple questions, and would really appreciate it if anyone has answers.
    1.) Am I likely to get drug tested before the THC gets a chance to leave my system?
    2.) Can the drug tests that they use tell HOW MUCH THC is in my system? (I want to know if they can tell I haven't actually been clean for 3 weeks or if it simply says positive or negative.)
    3.) If I do fail one of the drug tests, will I immediately fail the program and be sent to formal court or is it possible that they will give me another chance? If I don't get another chance could I tell them that I actually smoked up until I started the program, but have been clean ever since?

Shit, it sucks that one stupid phone call could cause all these problems, I mean I'm just trying to burn a plant.
  16. Emjaylover

Emjaylover New Member

Haha, if anything happened to the guy I "ratted out" he completely deserved it. Back when I didn't have any good connections he used to charge me 30/g for pretty good bud, even if I bought like an eighth. He would make me give him the money and then it took him like TWO WEEKS to get the bud, and he probably gave me like 1/4 of a gram. Sick connect, right? I knew 30/g was high, and the two week wait really pissed me off, but I couldn't prove I was being shorted since I didn't have a scale. I didn't really care that much, because I could get high off of like nothing at that time and it seemed worth it to me. Since then I haven't talked to him for 3 months and I'm pretty sure he quit smoking. I really just wanted to get rid of the cigarette charges without giving away the name of my legit dealer, who WOULD kick my ass till I pass out and wake up in a hospital paralyzed with no testicles.

I hide MOST of my weed very well, but I take out little bits at a time and put it somewhere more convenient yet still somewhat hidden. And as for your idea about flushing everything down the toilet, I wish I would've thought of that. But I would feel kind of bad for the weed, that toilet has seen some things.
    2 people like this.