First-timer, late start, advice needed please

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by TheGreener75, Oct 26, 2012.

1. TheGreener75

TheGreener75 New Member

Long story short about the third week of July my neighbour and I decided to plant some seeds that he found hidden away, a few sprouted and Aug 6/12 mine went in the ground. We're now at Oct 26/12, it's been flowering for over 6 weeks, has a soft sweet smell, and the "hairs" are turning slightly orange and brown.
    My problems are that I'm in the North Atlantic pretty much, and with the storm approaching I'm looking at sub minus temps by the 31st, and due to having a puppy that likes to run through the garden I grew it inside a tomato plant cage.
    I have been advised by a friend to cut the base, bring it inside, cage and all, and trim from there and cut the cage so that I can hang the plant as a whole, I had intended on cutting each branch and trimming and hanging them individually.
    Anyhow, here are a few shots I just took so that you can see what I'm looking at.(edit: I'm having difficulty uploading pictures)
    Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

2. TheGreener75

TheGreener75 New Member

How do I upload pics? They're not too big, is there something I'm missing?
    Thanks.

3. Devildog3389

Devildog3389 New Member

Bring it indoors. Has only had about a month of veg. It needs to be warm and under the proper lighting while indoors. When planting outdoors will need to follow the proper planting cycle. Basically you should bring the plant indoors to finish growing. If you leave outside it is going to freeze and die.