GCMS confirmation on drugs that passed screening?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by lavatek, Jun 28, 2008.

1. lavatek

lavatek New Member

Can you still get in trouble if you passed the initial screen for weed, but didn't pass for a prescribed med, then a GCMS was conducted to confirm the prescribed med results and then found under 50ng bug over 15ng of marijuana in GCMS??? I am very concerned as I know I will test positive for opiates due to prescribed pain medication. I don't want them to do GCMS and find marijuana even though I passed the initial screen for it (under 50ng). Does anyone know what the law is on this matter?:(
  2. z0rpia

z0rpia New Member

I doubt they will test for thc. If you test positive for opiates due to prescription then they will re-test you on the gcms for opiates. But then again its always good to hear from the list moderators as they can explain this situation better.
  3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

50ng/ml for the initial test is equivalent to 15ng/ml for the GC/MS. The initial test looks at 31 THC metabolites. The GC/MS looks at only the primary one. If you passed the initial test, you should pass the second one.
  4. lavatek

lavatek New Member

Thank you all!

Thnx for the info! I passed with flying colors!! :)
  5. skitzo

skitzo New Member

I'm in the same boat, i've been clean 21 days, took my test this morning after passing a take home 50 mg/ml.

I'm on percocet for my surgery so they will find that, will they find my above 15 mg/ml htc level?
  6. schrodie

schrodie New Member

Again, as Buzzby said-- 50ng/ml for the initial test is equivalent to 15ng/ml for the GC/MS. The initial test looks at 31 THC metabolites. The GC/MS looks at only the primary one. If you passed the initial test, you should pass the second one.

Why would it be any different for you than it is for lavatek? If you test positive for opiates due to a prescription, then they will re-test you on the GC/MS for opiates.
  7. fedUPintx12

fedUPintx12 New Member

Thank you for this information. I've been worried to death about the exact same thing.
  8. cnote5676

cnote5676 New Member

Feud
    What was the outcome?
  9. fedUPintx12

fedUPintx12 New Member

It's been over 3 weeks since the test was taken. My test must have been a 5 panel because the Valium I'm prescribed did not show up and I had tested clean for THC on a home test the same day, but I haven't heard a word and am still employed. I'm sure all is ok with me. whew!!!