Getting Resin From a Pipe?

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by titty, Oct 30, 2007.

1. titty

titty New Member

How can I get all the resin from my pipe and still be able to smoke it? (yes, I smoke resin, and also stems, if I don't make tea, cause I'm cheap like that) I've scraped with a metal thing through the carb hole, but theres still a lot that I cant seem to get to...it's just sitting there, taunting me :p
  2. Dank Perception

Dank Perception 4TheLULZ!

After scraping a good bit, try turning the mouthpiece so it's facing down and have a container or plate of some sort under it... Hold the pipe in one hand, and firmly hit the opening with your other palm... Pieces of random bud and scraped up pieces of resin may fall into the container or plate... Or whatever you're using. that's what I do and I usualyl get at least one bowl of semi-unburnt weed pieces, bowl tar, and the liking....

But you could use isopropyl alcohol and leave it in the pipe, submerged in alcohol for a night. that should get all or most of the tar. Then use a mini strainer to pour the mess in it and you will get tar stuck in the very small screen, and wallah.. let dry and you have a bunch of resin.
  3. titty

titty New Member

cool, thats kinda what I was thinking, I'll give it a try and let you all know how it goes, if not then soaking it and straining it was what I'll do, I wanted to have it nice and clean cause I'll be traveling with it for a bit (cleaning with alcohol gets all the res, right? if I'm stopped by a cop it'll be ok as long as it hasnt been smoked out of after the cleaning?)
  4. Noeone

Noeone Sr. Member

No drug residue, no crime. Clean the pipe and you're in the clear.

Wash the pipe with a solvent like ethyl alcohol or isopropanol, make sure you let it
    soak and if you can heat it a bit without exposing it to excess uv it helps. After that
    drain the solvent into a second container to let it evaporate or boil it off.

REAGENT ALCOHOL Ethyl Alcohol (denatured) MSDS
    https://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/89308.htm Ethyl Alcohol (undenatured)
    ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (90 - 100%) Isoproanol MSDS
  5. titty

titty New Member

Alright, I tried it out and I got about another bowl from it, theres still some in there but I think I'll be able to let that go, we'll see tomorrow:D
    thanks for the info about the pipe to, thanks guys