Getting weed into japan

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by plum13sec, Mar 24, 2008.

1. plum13sec

plum13sec New Member

i am looking for a way to get some weed into japan to chill with some friends. I am underage so i dont care if i get caught. i was thinking about using the air seal shit my mom uses for food and taping it in my boxers or something. any ideas?:hail:
  2. $moKeDanK

$moKeDanK Sr. Member

i would rethink your idea of not caring if you get caught. its not a simple misdemeanor possesion charge man. even if you are a minor, you are carrying it across country border lines. thats a felony.
  3. steakii

steakii New Member

Never ever bring weed into another country. You might get away with it, but the penalties if you are caught are way too severe. I suggest taking the trip sober. If you get caught you will regret it forever.
  4. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Bad, bad, bad idea! Marijuana laws are extremely harsh in Japan, your minor status won't protect you. People who are arrested can be held incommunicado for extended periods and the police use "persuasion" to the extent that 98% of people arrested confess and plead guilty. Japan has one of the lowest rates of marijuana use on the planet. There's a reason for that.

Japan doesn't consider marijuana to be a "soft" drug. Penalties for possession and sale are the same as for heroin. An ounce of weed in Japan costs $2,000. That should give you some idea how dangerous it is to possess it there: price follows risk. The authorities are especially unhappy when foreign barbarians bring illegal drugs into their country.

Anyone caught with marijuana in Japan is in big trouble. Marijuana use is viewed almost as bad as heroin use is in many western countries. Anyone caught with any amount of marijuana will be arrested. Suspects can be detained for several weeks before they need to be charged with a crime. Evidence obtained through illegal means (such as illegal searches) is routinely admitted in court. Some 98% of all people charged with a crime are convicted by Japanese courts.

People go to jail for possessing less than one gram of hemp and they face many social penalties too (loss of job, expulsion from schools, etc.). Theoretically you can go to prison for five years for a single joint. Larger quantities, cultivation or smuggling will lead to prison sentences of up to seven years. Smugglers caught with a few hundred grams to a few kg of cannabis are routinely sent to prison for 3-4 years.​

Carrying illegal drugs across international borders is not something to be done lightly. Unless you're smuggling a lot of dope and stand to make a lot of money, it's just not worth the risk, especially to countries with such harsh laws.
  5. MasterCylinder

MasterCylinder New Member

Pretty much anywhere in Asia is a bad idea as far as drug use is concerned. Here's a good idea. Leave your pot at home. It will give you a reason to come back.
  6. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

The other posters are right. While smuggling internatinally is ALWAYS a bad idea, bringing drugs into any Asian country is basically gambling with your life, or a decent chunk of it. As far as being underaged goes, remember, not every country's laws are modeled after those of the US. Just because being a minor may be advanteous to you in the US, are you sure it will have any bearing on your case should you be caught in Japan?
  7. Cannabliss

Cannabliss New Member

You could just try to find some there, but that's still pretty risky business. I wouldn't do it, considering the harsh laws. I know not being able to smoke can suck, but consider it a little break to lower your tolerance. :)
  8. KaSuHit

KaSuHit New Member

man such a shame, I LOVE japan's arcade scene. great compitition for fighting games of all types.

WeBeHigh.com - Worldwide Marijuana Travel Guide With Marijuana Prices, Spots & Legalization Status according to that site you can possibly find some hash there although very bleek and risky.

"Cannabis is legal only for cultivation in Japan, where only license holders are able to grow and possess cannabis. Therefore, the only persons allowed to possess Marijuana are growers and researchers with a permit." (webehigh.com)

I'm curious about the few ppl able to grow out there, how harsh is the law for them? is it like here in the US where even if you have a permit or whatever they still find a way to fuck with u?
    2 people like this.
  9. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

The problem in the US is the conflict between state laws, which might allow someone to grow for medical purposes, and federal law, which says that cannabis is illegal - period. That conflict doesn't exist in Japan because it's the federal government that issues the permits.
  10. t-1000

t-1000 Sr. Member

HAHAHA

"I am underage so i dont care if i get caught."

I think I am going to put that quote in my signature. Thanks for the laugh, cya in 10 years.
  11. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Once you leave your own country, you're an alien, and it's best to think of yourself as being in a strange new world. You're subject to the laws of whatever land you're in, and those laws may be very different and much more harsh than those in your own land.