Give me an energy boost!!

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by vaya, Aug 13, 2003.

1. vaya

vaya Activist

Ah, the blessed Health and Medicine forum.

What a proper place for a thread on my Health!

That said, I have come for help.

----------------------------------------

My energy lately has been LOW. I mean really, really LOW. Even after a two week break from smokage. I am looking for advice, references, websites, personal stories, etc. etc. on how to increase my body's energy.

Things that this could potentially include would be:
    Foods to eat
    Supplements to take
    Specific excercises/Meditation
    Bed times
    Methods of marijuana consumption

And anything else. I trust in these forums to help me with this agitating problem... and I look forward to gaining some insight!

Vaya

2. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

Do you get enough sleep? A good nights sleep can make a world of difference.

Do you eat breakfast? If not, you should.

Every day before work I have a really ****ty breakfast (glass of milk) because I have no time for it. When I go to work and work until breaktime, I get exhausted, and I hate it.

Right now do you do any kind of exercise, such as running or lifting weights?

3. Exo-Lithium

Exo-Lithium Banned

Coke

{Moderator's Note.... you do mean cola drinks with caffeine in moderation right?... because you would never dirty up my nice clean forum threads with discussion of off topic drugs would you?... No, I didn't think so. Have a cookie ;) }

4. vaya

vaya Activist

I have real trouble keeping myself on a real schedule for working out but I do it infrequently. I believe I get maybe 1-1.5 hours less sleep than I need and for breakfast I usually have some no doubt sugar coated cereal which probably slows me down.

Caffeine has no noticable effect on me, btw.

5. jebus

jebus Senior Member

I heard theres this wheat grass juice stuff that gives u energy for like 2 days lol. u can get it at health food stores

6. goldberry

goldberry Sr. Member

do situps or pushups every morning right after you wake up

7. Rugbee

Rugbee Banned

Ever try Red Bull ( The energy drink)
    Or zantrex#3

8. ResQBen

ResQBen New Member

get a 100 pill bottle of nodoz for 6 bucks :cool:

9. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Psst.... Ix-nay on the Affeine-cay...it's off-topic!

Okay, lets take a look at a few things...since I have some info from what you have already written:

Your sleeping pattern first....

When do you like to sleep, how much and when do you like to wake up?

Also, do you enjoy sunbathing?

Strange questions...but I have a hunch...

...have a cookie ...you'll feel better..

Hugz,

Mama Budz

10. EeJay

EeJay Senior Member

Sleep seems to be the most crucial thing for me. I seem to hold up pretty well even if i'm not eating well at all, but if I get a bad nights sleep, i'll be tired till about mid-afternoon, then I finally wake up. I can have a good breakfast, a decent lunch, doesn't matter, i'll be tired.

That said, I do think diet is very important. I've been eating pretty well lately, which i've found to increase my productivity in working out and rock climbing. I've got all these juice bottles scattered around my room, I love the "Tropicana"-type mixes. Have been eating lots of meats, but could eat some more vegies and some fruit instead of other snacks.

All in all, I feel very good when i've had a good sleep. I feel healthy in the mind and body.

That's my experience, I don't know if it helps at all.

11. Exo-Lithium

Exo-Lithium Banned

lol.. I mean't Coca Cola.. ... ... or did I? :p

12. vaya

vaya Activist

First off, this is all excellent information. Thanks.:)

I usually sleep around 11-12 at night, and rarely wake up earlier than 6:45 and no later than 8.

I dont sunbathe really at all, but if that also increases my energy... i'll do it!

Im converting, as we speak, to a more restrictive diet(doesnt help that I have the munchies all the time;) :rolleyes: ) including fruit and orange juice, and hopefully some wheat instead of white bread.
    It's all about reaching for the apple when your mind reaches for the chips.:p

Feel free to add any more info, anybody, but this should be at least enough to get me going.