Good way to hide weed smell?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Ss0p, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

Is smoking in the bathroom with the window open a good way to smoke a joint? I plan on doing so tonight, but my biggest concern is the smell lingering, but I figure it will blow out into the wind anyway.

And another question: What do you think of headies? (that's what I'll be smoking)
  2. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

Smoking with the window open helps with the smell, but not entirely, some of the smoke will still come into the room. I smoke in my bedroom with the window open, but the inside of my room still smells like weed for a few hours (gone by morning if I keep the window open). In the bathroom, if you can let the shower run, the steam will help with the weed smell inside the room, especially if you can blow most of it out the window. If for whatever reason that's not a good option, maybe try your bedroom window, late enough at night that no one else would come in your room except you (when I do it, the outside hallway doesn't smell at all like weed, nor can you smell it from my brother's room on the other side of the wall, it's just inside my room that smells).
  3. nlancerstar50

nlancerstar50 New Member

Headies are good. It usually signifies dank or high quality cannabis. Usually head-trippy-like indicas, however not always. The bathroom is a good place, shower,steam, etc. Although if you want to in your bedroom, a good method is the backwards-fan method. Set up a fan blowing out of your window, so the sucking motion is towards you. Blow the smoke in the fan, thus pulling it out. Also, a candle can be lit so the scent gets pulled out of the fan, covering the entire room. This can also be done in the bathroom, because steam added to this is more efficient. Good Luck.
  4. SenorSmokesALot

SenorSmokesALot Subscriber

While smoking out of a window and steam may help cover the smell of weed, there still may be a lingering scent or musk, especially if you're smoking headies (better weed often smells stronger though this is not always true). If you are hiding the smell from others in your home it may be a better idea to smoke elsewhere. Bathrooms are one of the most mutually used rooms in a house.

I guess what we'd really have to know is a)who are you hiding it from and b)what are the chances that someone will pass by or go in to the bathroom after your shower.

If your answer is anything other than a)noone, people who are cool with mj, parent or family member without nose and b) 0-3% I would suggest smoking elsewhere for example your private bedroom with the vents closed, the door crack covered, window open with fan pointing outward, candles lit, scented spray bottle in hand, through a sploof, late at night when everyone is asleep and after ghost hitting for as long as possible. Other options are secluded places outside like woods or on a drive on the highway though this option is not nearly as safe.

If you still want to risk it, I would suggest using the same actions I listed above in your bathroom but there is still a chance that the smell will linger.

Cheers
  5. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

Well, I won't be taking a shower in the bathroom. I'll be smoking in the downstairs bathroom, literally right in front of the open window, blowing the smoke out toward the window screen. I guess I'm just hiding it from my parents.

Also, I'm contemplating spraying some Febreeze afterwards, and leaving the window open. The bathroom door will be closed the entire time.
  6. Kushy

Kushy down

Dude NO. Don't even try this, this is a horrible idea. I've pulled off smoking out of a pipe with a window open in my room, but the only reason that works is because you inhale all of the smoke, and exhale 99% of it out of the window. With a joint, it's continuously burning, spreading smoke all over the room. Even if you inhale off the joint and exhale outside the window, the sidestream smoke from the joint will be more than enough to semi-hotbox your bathroom and keep it reeking like weed for days.

If you're going to smoke a joint, do it OUTSIDE, and make sure you wash your hands and clothes after.
  7. 1406

1406 Retired

Since joints are constantly burning, they're harder to conceal than a pipe/bong. I smoke/vaporize inside my house, with my parents home. I use a sploof with dryer sheets and activated carbon.

You should be fine smoking a joint in front of a window, but if you're a consistent smoker you might want to make a sploof.
  8. SenorSmokesALot

SenorSmokesALot Subscriber

Yeah, I would definately suggest, then, choosing another option. This isn't a good idea and more than likely they will smell it if there's that little distance. It takes at least an hour for the smell of weed to completely dissipate.
  9. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

But my parents sleep upstairs, whereas I'm down here, and they won't be in that bathroom for another 5 - 7 hours after I smoke in there. An hour is more than enough time
  10. Lil' Lexie

Lil' Lexie New Member

If you're SURE they won't go downstairs, into that bathroom, then it might be okay, but still, it's risky. Like I said in my post above, I smoke out the window too, the room still smells. My advice would be to make sure they're asleep then just step outside for a few minutes. Your plan sounds a little risky. If you need to smoke inside out a window for some reason, I'd suggest you make it your bedroom window, because you can keep that door shut all night and make sure they don't come in.
  11. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

Just step outside if you got a J. Glad to see you finally got some weed to yourself.
  12. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

Tried, the smell is pretty much gone. Good shit, except the f'ing joint fell in the toilet 3/4 of the way through, and it kept going out. Oddly enough, I'm partially high, but it's not gonna last.

Need to roll J's better...
  13. snowboard_loser

snowboard_loser Sr. Member

yea lol i dont recommend papers when going for stealth tokes like that.

my cousin was busted that way... he had the perfect plan with the sploof and all that shit,
    but the ventilation was shared by his parents room or something. so the smell crept into a different area of the house.

step outside or pack SMALL one hitter bowls for hoots. or whatever size you can handle i guess.

sucks your stick fell in the pool lol.
  14. Lonely Stoner

Lonely Stoner New Member

How to remove smell after hotboxing?

any strong perfumes or air fresheners that kills marijuana odor? my car is an 07' camry, and the seats aren't leather, so the smell sticks for a while. it's my parents car, so i can't have them smelling the weed. :D

Mod note: Legal Issues is a poor choice of forums for this. Thread moved.
  15. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

Anywho, if it could give me this effect, I fucking love headies. I found my type.:mj2:

I suppose I'll only keep my smoking outside and when both parents are gone. I rolled another, but this one's meant for the morning. I was too paranoid and jittery and shit with the lighter, I was thinking like "what if my parents can hear the lighter?"

...lawl.

Edit: I keep going into the bathroom like a watchdog, smelling every crevace to make sure there's no lingering smell of bud. So far, everything seems under control.
  16. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

Nice, have a good morning lol tell us about it.
  17. Ss0p

Ss0p New Member

I'll be blazing again in the morning, so it will be good!

hopefully my joint rolling ability improves, though, needs to stay lit ya know?
  18. Hemply

Hemply New Member

"OZIUM"!

Great stuff you can pick it up at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and other car supply places like that!
    2 people like this.
  19. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

Backwards fan method in the room for sure. When I lived in my dad's trailer, the box fans we had were my best tools. There were two. I'd set one in the window and let the window rest on top of it holding it to the window, and set the other one behind it blowing towards the one in the window. Towel under the door, sheet in the vent.

Crated like a tunnel of moving air that I could jsut sit in front of the computer next to the "Tunnel" and jsut blow smoke sideways to it and out the window. Room never smelled once.
  20. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

Well first bit of advice... Don't smoke weed in a car that's not yours... And don't even think about hotboxing it... And btw. Hope the Camry doesn't kill you. Just remember where the neutral selector is. =]
    2 people like this.