Grinders...wood metal or plastic?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by timiscute, Oct 25, 2006.

1. timiscute

timiscute Funky Monk

What do you prefer your grinder to be made of? Wood plastic or metal...I've never used a plastic one...I prefer to use wooden ones the most..I'm not sure why...maybe I'm just old fashioned...are there any advantages to metal or plastic over wood? just wondering because i got my wooden grinder a few days ago...

~Tim :rasta:

2. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

I used a wooden grinder for many years and was very happy with it. I also had a cheap plastic grinder and used it only a couple of times, as it was truly a piece of shit.
    Only recently did the wooden grinder start losing teeth. I purchased an aluminum SpaceCase with a kief collector and wouldn't go back. The aluminum is easy to clean and since it's all machined, there's no possibility of teeth breaking off or anything.

3. rcgray

rcgray New Member

metal

Metal is the best because the edges always stay nice and sharp. Wooden ones usually have trouble, because the teeth tend to fall out. And plastic is probably in the middle, not as good as metal, because you can't get a very sharp cutting edge from acrylic.

4. DaDornta

DaDornta MJ.com MASTA SELECTA

I used a wood one for a long whille, and found that the grains in the wood captured quite a bit of kief over time...

The plastic ones also get static build up from the friction and you have to bang the kief out...but at least you can clean it really well w/alchohol...

Metal is probably the best you can go with because like vamp said -- it'll always stay sharp. It's also durable and really easy to clean w/alchohol.

5. angst

angst New Member

i started with using a friend's wooden grinder, then i bought a plastic one for like 5 bucks that worked pretty well, but hands down the best is metal. i got a spacecase-like grinder, still gonna save up for a spacecase tho because it works better then what i have... i still have a keif catcher on mine, but a spacecase is unparalleled

6. pwn1j

pwn1j New Member

i have a space case grinder with approximately 2,003,152 miles on it and the top has finally started to get some play in it and i think ive filled the keef catch oh i'd say about 87 million times i guess. but man do those things last....

7. Gravy

Gravy On my way to 1 billion

The wood ones are going to stick and the plastic ones are going to have crap stick to them because of static.

8. skidoo

skidoo Senior Potiosectionist

It all depends on how conservative you are with your weed.

I use plastic grinders because they're cheap and they last plenty long. I've never had the teeth break on one. Occasionally one of the balls will get a crack in it. No problem. 5 bucks later and volia! lol

As for static, you just knock the halves together and most of the shit falls off.

9. TiKiTiKi

TiKiTiKi Sr. Member

Just get a metal spacecase and your problems will be solved.