Hair Stripping V. Hair Bleaching

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by ChiefSmokemBigTree, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ChiefSmokemBigTree

ChiefSmokemBigTree New Member

Maybe this is an alternative method to the good ole' bleach and redye?

CareFair.com - Hair Stripping

It sounds way too similar to what most of the proven hair methods do, and technically not having to redye your hair would be a benefit. Tell me what you guys think, because hair stripping uses much harsher chemicals than bleaching, however has been known to lighten, but not completely remove natural hair color. I am looking for all input whether positive or negative, however, if you want to speak your peace, know your talking to an engineer with a great grasp of science and chemistry, no bullshit will be accepted here.
  2. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

You could try it. You could go with a proven method.

What makes you think this will work better than what we suggest now? That link isn't really that specific as to what or why.

Are you going to combine this process with other treatments?

If you try it, let us know how it works.
  3. ChiefSmokemBigTree

Ok, well basically I found out that Malibu 2000 is the standard in hair stripping. I plan on stripping my hair twice, (from what I hear, the chemicals for hair stripping are much harsher than those in the over-the-counter bleaching systems) then a bleach and redye, quite a few maccujo's and i have a zydot treatment too for the day of the test. Jan 3rd is my test, so I will keep everyone posted. As of right now, all my body hair has been cut down to roughly .25", I've done like 4 Mac's and have been smoke free for almost a week.
  4. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

You should do some more research. "What you hear" may not be correct. You may want to use your "great grasp of science and chemistry" to make sure you are on the best path.

I don't recommend "over the counter" bleach or dye. What has been proven successful is 30 or 40 volume peroxide bleach, followed by a redye which combines color and a 10 volume peroxide(all products come from the beauty supply store, not Walmart).
  5. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

Malibu 2000 has been used but with your smoking history I believe you should follow Jerry's bleach and dye method. That in combo with the Mac's you have been doing, the Zydot and the Malibu 2000 may give you a chance.
    I don't give you much of a chance of passing with the heavy usage the last 4 months and your short clean time. Jerry's method may help, it has had good results. If you have any hair left after all your treatment I will be surprised if you pass. You need all the help you can get.

Just my honest opinion.
  6. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Which M2000 product were you planning to use?
  7. ChiefSmokemBigTree

crystal gel treatment
  8. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Why do you think this is better than bleaching and redying?
  9. Stupid user

Stupid user New Member

What about for women? Does all this stuff fry your hair way too severely? I have been researching this stuff for a week now, and have found a lot of various stuff depending on which sites I go to, but on one site, it says to use tar coal (?) shampoo before you use Toxin Wash, or Zydot, etc. Says that stuff guarantees to "open" up the hair shaft allowing the penetrator to "get in". Ever heard of that stuff, or used it? If not, could you try it?:confused: