Has Anyone tried "OMNI" Hair Dextox Shampoo?

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by illbashurface, May 7, 2007.

1. illbashurface

illbashurface New Member

Ive been using the MAC method, I have a hair test coming up in about 5 days.

A local shop has a shampoo called OMNI Hair Detox. They swear by it that it works and they have been using it for 8 years.

Let me know if you guys have heard of it. Any Advice would be excellent. Thanks guys!

2. FakeBoobsRule

FakeBoobsRule Nice legs are a must (LC)

Try the search feature.

3. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

They are saleman, selling a product. Would you but it if they told you it wouldn't work?

4. bam1131

bam1131 New Member

bad news... i used omni and i failed. i followed the direcetions closely. i must say that it did take out alot of the chemicals in my hair because my levels were way lower than they should have been for a person that has smoked every day. i did not use the macujo method so you may have a chance there... good luck

5. just johnny

just johnny New Member

The ingredients are almost identical to Toxin Wash/Afterburner, at about a fraction of the price (my local headshop has it for like $20). Omni adds a few more chemicals of little or no consequence.

That being said, products like this generally don't work by themselves. Used with the Mac method & bleaching/perming/re-dyeing approach, a detox shampoo adds to your chances of passing, from what I've gathered here and from friends.

A friend of mine (heavy smoker) used Omni with the Mac method the day of the test. She also bleached & re-dyed her hair three days prior while doind the Mac method daily starting about a week prior to the test, and she passed. I'm likely to follow something similar.

6. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

Good luck with your test. I hope you have the same results as your friend.

7. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Omni is probably TW repackaged. Please list the ingredients for Omni if you could.

The price difference is an illusion. TW comes in a 4 oz bottle, Omni come in a 1 oz package. You are actually paying more for the Omni...

BTW, I think that the bleach redye is critical for chronic smokers with little clean time to pass.

Good luck and please post your results.

8. just johnny

just johnny New Member

Excellent point Jerry--it wouldn't surprise me in the least. However, in my case I'll only need the 1 oz bottle since I have such short hair, and the Omni only serves as an addition to the overall 'treatment approach.'

I also agree that us heavy smokers should include some sort of harsh hair treatment like bleach/re-dye or at least a few perm treatments, all coupled with the mac treatment.

Additionally, I'm going to use methyl alcohol (a.k.a Heet) since I stupidly indulged in the white a few times since January (with one of those times falling well within the 90-days). Regardless, every study I've read thus far indicates that damaging hair treatments result in drastic reduction of toxins. Even the websites for testing labs that deny this only argue that overly-damaged hair can result in a so-called instant failure--which I think is just a scare tactic, since everyone I've talked to has never been failed because of 'bad hair.'

Test is next week; I'll keep y'all posted

9. just johnny

just johnny New Member

Omni Cleansing Shampoo:

Trienthanolamine Sulfanate
    Lauramide DEA
    Cocamidepropyl Betaine
    Purified Water
    Sodium Chloride
    Tetrasodium EDTA
    Methylparaben
    Fragrance