Haven't smoked in 10 years, will one hit show up after 16 days?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Smartass99, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Hey guys,

I just wrote this post, but it didn't show up for some reason. ANYWAY, I have another "do you think I will pass" thread, but I have a somewhat weird situation.

I haven't smoked weed in 10 years. 16 days before an unknown military drug test (reserves), I took 2 hits from my roommate's bong when I was drunk. I immediately realized the mistake, but too late, ya?

I am in the reserves, but am injured and wasn't expecting to show up this month anyway. I got a call, however, saying I needed to come in to take care of some medical/dental stuff. Of course (as I suspected) I was on the random list. The night before I drank a gallon or so of water, pissed regularly, then drank 7 more bottles before the test. I pissed about 5 times, drank 2 more bottles, and went to take my test (mid-stream of course).

I took 2 First Check drug tests at home and got immediate bold lined negatives. I sent it off for the complimentary GC/MS, but the results aren't back yet. Now here's the kicker...

Due to my injury I was prescribed Oxycodone. I took roughtly 20-25 mg 4-5 days before the test for pain. Now if I pop for Oxy, fine... I have a prescription. However, if I pop for oxy they'll run the GC/MS test on it.

I'm a little chubby and don't work out much due to the injury. I would assume I have a medium metabolism. The weed was homegrown hydro and very strong (blackberry kush, if that matters). Is it likely that with the dilution and the time and the absence of THC in my system for so long that 2 hits would cause 15 or more ng/ml on 16 days after the smoke?

Thanks guys, and yes I do realize that it was a stupid move.

Edit:

30 years old
    5'6''
    180 lbs. 18-20% bf (yes I need to lose weight :p)
  2. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Doesn't work that way. If you failed when it was gassed you would have very likely failed the assay as well. While the cutoff levels are different the assay reports on all thirty-one of the metabolites while the GC/MS reports on only one and It is my understanding that makes them functionally equivalent.

Hope that helps.
  3. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Okay, I KINDA see what you're saying. Apparently the cutoff for the immunoassay is 50 ng/ml, so I'm not quite sure how that would work.

So given the circumstances that it's been forever since I smoked, I only took 2 hits, and passed 2 at home drug tests, is there a good chance that the thc metabolites were too dilute to be picked up in the urine sample?
  4. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Yup. I noted in my reply that the cutoffs were "different".

In my opinion, yes. An excellent chance.

All the best -
  5. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Awesome! I guess the proof is in the pudding when I call the Home Test for their GC/MS results. Anyone know if GC/MS tests vary in quality or is it a standard test?
  6. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

If it is a certified lab regulated by the feds, there should be no differences.
  7. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Hmmm, fair enough. I appreciate the answers guys!!

If anyone else has any additional insight/experiences, please feel free to comment.
  8. Toxikk

Toxikk New Member

Seeing as you haven't smoked in 10 years, taking 2 hits won't stay in you for a very long time, let alone a medium time. You'll pass, just my 2 cents.
  9. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Thanks Toxikk,

I just read these people make outrageous claims saying it'll take 30 days to clear, others state 2 weeks, and yet others state 3-5 days. I'm really hoping on the 3-5 days so that my body could use the other 10 days to deplete it super low... Then the dilution that I did to deplete it even lower :p
  10. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

You should be fine and it's good that you're doing a 50/ng test instead of a 20/ng. Marijuana.com has a great guide to determine detox times, but given what you said in your initial post, sounds like you're in good shape for a test. Always recommend that people test at home--there's nothing like relieving the stress before testing! Oh, here's the link to the detection time table: Drug Testing - Pass a Drug Test - Marijuana.com
  11. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Thanks DrugTestDave. My main concern here, though, is not that the THC levels are above 50 ng/ml, but that the Oxycodone levels are above the screening level (I believe 100 ng/ml?).

Rukus stated earlier (if I read it correctly) that if it would pop on the gc/ms, then it would have also popped on the immunoassay. The only way I can make sense of that working is if the GC/MS tested for a metabolite at the concentration of 15 ng/ml that was proportional to the metabolite tested with the immunoassay at the concentration of 50 ng/ml.

Anyway, I'm not sure I quite understand what people mean when they say "it will be out of your system" in 3-7 days or something there of. Does that mean that it'll be below the standard 50 ng/ml point or does it mean that it will be so trace in the urine that it will be undetectable by any method (including gc/ms)? My main concern here is that I was able to dilute/metabolize whatever was in my system in 16 days below the 15 ng/ml point, as anything below that would be dismissed as a non-confirmation.

I guess the way I see it with the Oxycodone/THC situation is that it's like getting pulled over for speeding with a pound of weed in the car (immunoassay screen). First offense is menial, maybe even dismissed, but then they find the mecca (gc/ms test). Is this a wrong take on it?
  12. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Just to be clear Smartass99, my comments were framed in the context for your question on confirmation testing for THC. I cannot comment on other drugs as it is outside the context of this forum.

Best -
  13. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Touché Ruckus. I'm not questioning your validity; I'm the ignorant one here. I guess I've had most people tell me "I'll be fine" in reguards to drug testing, but I am freaked what 'fine' actually means. I wonder if it should be completely out or if it'll only be marginally below 50ng/ml.

I'll drop the Oxy discussion. Buy my focus is primarily in regards to the GC/MS test with the 15 ng/ml cutoff.
  14. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

And I did not mean to imply that you had Smartass99. Just looking to set the record straight.

While I would like to go into more specifics on the subject, it has a lot to do with numbers and the math and math gives me a terrible headache. I still have many blackboard eraser scars on my head from being woken up from a sound sleep in Algebra class to prove it. And that is why I stated that "it is my understanding that they are equivelent."
  15. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Hmm, okay, well I did dilute fairly well, and the military doesn't test for creanine. The color was a faint lemon yellow due to a monster earlier in the morning, so I'm good there. I don't think asprin works for the immunoassay test, either, but I'm not sure. I'm sure I'm bugging for no reason, there are just HUGE repercussions. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what First Check's GC/MS says in regards to concentration.
  16. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

Anyone else? Any 1st time in a long time smokers ever take a military drug test out there with good results?
  17. Smartass99

Smartass99 New Member

The omen is complete! I checked my First Check lab results GC/MS and the results were NEGATIVE!!!!! Thank god!

Thank you so much for those that contributed! :D
  18. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

Welcome news and congratulations!