Healthy rolling papers?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Grass-Smoka, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Obviously any form of smoking is not healthy, but from all the papers that are out there, which ones are the best for smoking health-wise, which ones do you prefer? Are you a fan of classic zig-zags, or pure hemp papers like hempire? What about those 'new' cellulose papers. Made out of cellulose, no added shit. What about those rice papers? So, which ones are the best: Rice, Hemp or Cellulose? What are zig-zags made out of? I've never looked into that. Ok, I've just looked into what zig-zags are made out of and couldn't find an answer. I find it odd that they don't say what they're made out of on the packs or on the Internet. Seems a little strange.
  2. N0TaCRIMINAL

N0TaCRIMINAL New Member

my favorite papers are RAW rolling papers. they are the thinnest papers i could find, add no bad taste(as i've noticed with jobs, zigs, etc.) they are unbleached, and the glue is actually sugarbased instead of glue.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ghoast

Ghoast New Member

Rizla baby.. I've actually found that Swan mediums make really nice joints which was surprising. Rizla silver papers are probably the best
  4. WessleyPipes

WessleyPipes New Member

Randys are the best built in roach clip
  5. TheCheese

TheCheese New Member

I'm a fan of the Zig-Zags but a bigger fan of the bong.
    3 people like this.
  6. Train2Bangkok

Train2Bangkok Sr. Member

I don't think you're going to find any non-biased info on "healthy" cigarette papers. After all, any such information is probably nothing more than a marketing ploy from the paper mfgr. Personally, I really like the clear, cellulose papers...but not for health reasons. I find that they're easier to roll with(will not break as easily) and, since they're non-porous, they also hit much better. Many folks don't like them because you can actually see the build up of tar/resin in the joint as you're smoking it. I maintain that the same thing happens with regular papers, but the paper material can absorb it more easily. Either way, the bad stuff is going in your body. IMO, If health is a primary concern you should ditch the papers and just buy a vaporizer.
  7. DayDreamer23

DayDreamer23 New Member

Any, made out of hemp and with no clorine. :) I like ziggy the most.

Headshop

(ziggy ones..=)
  8. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a fan of the bong personally but I've been in a smoking mood lately. I have zig-zags but I want to try some new papers since I've only had zig-zags and blunt wraps before, no other companies/types. Hemp, Rice or Cellulose? Also, some say they are 100% cellulose, but cellulose alone isn't transparent. Check this out: Clear Rolling papers - are they highly toxic? - Cannabis Culture Forums

It's a long thread but I suggest you read up to the third page at least, pretty interesting stuff.
  9. CrayzStoner

CrayzStoner New Member

I cant say because I never smoke joints but id say hemp would probably be healthier. Just a logical guess :D
  10. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

hate to dig up such an old thread, but i was searching for some threads on RAW rolling papers and this came up. although they taste great compared to most papers, and although 100% organic hemp which i dig....they do not stick well at ALL. sometimes i will get one to stick on the first try, other times i will ruin 5-10 papers before one stays sealed!

anywho, my 2 cents worth on raw papers....they smoke well....but i feel they are not worth buying. zig zags smoke just fine to me....
  11. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Hahahahah this is crazy! Funny having somebody revive an old thread and it's..mine! I don't even remember writing this thread.

Yeah, I personally don't like to smoke RAW's for the simple fact that they are horrible to stick with. They're a great smoke though, don't get me wrong. Personally though I smoke mainly Blue Rizlas.
    2 people like this.
  12. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I've been rolling regular Zig-Zags since 1968. The main reasons being that I started with them and then bought a case in '75. I'm stilling using packs out of that case. (I took a 16-year tolerance break, starting in '83.)
    2 people like this.
  13. Fridsade

Fridsade New Member

GOT DAMN 16 YEARS T BREAK I COULDNT DO IT
  14. James Willman

James Willman New Member

I use CLUB Modiano glueless papers now for forty years these are the best.