Heart Palpitations and Weed

Discussion in 'Science' started by Looped_and_Twisted, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Looped_and_Twisted

Looped_and_Twisted New Member

Alright- first off I hope this is in the right section, sorry if it isn't.
    Now, I've always heard that there has been no recorded death in all of human history of someone dying directly from cannabis use. But, the other day I was encountered with an unusual situation- someone I know has never tried cannabis because of he has palpitations of the heart. Now, he said he would go into cardiac arrest if he does (due to the increased heart rate after consumption). So my question is, basically, is he right? I'm sure that there has been someone who has had palpitations and used cannabis before.

Any thoughts?
  2. rasta farmer

rasta farmer New Member

I think your right but you cant blame it one weed
  3. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

My mom has heart palpitations.
    She smokes multiple times per day.
    Caffeine is worse for heart palpitations than marijuana.
  4. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

my friend's mom has heart palpitations when she smokes. she can't smoke it because of that reason unless she's on cocaine. i guess when she does coke then smokes, it counteracts the heart palpitations & make her heart beat normally. i honestly don't know how it works... she just told me the gist of it. basically, she's allegic to weed.
  5. rsbattle

rsbattle New Member

i have a heart palpitation problem, and when i smoke weed, it feels like im having a heart attack... but i just ignore the pain and after about an hour or so, it goes back to normal, and im able to be high without pain
  6. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

Palpitations ? Look don't worry about it. Your friend will probably just experiance some extreame Heart flutters from time to time which can feel very uncomfortable, but as far as I know no one has died from them.
  7. Kushy

Kushy down

I'm going to have to err on the safe side of caution. If anyone's heart beats faster than normal without a drug, I would never tell them to take one. If he's talked to his doctor and he said not to do it, I wouldn't. In all honesty it's probably OK, but I'm not going to give advice like the rest of these people here because a) I'm not a doctor and b) we're all not doctors. Don't trust us on life and death decisions.. this is the internet
  8. Looped_and_Twisted

Looped_and_Twisted New Member

Dude I'm just asking for perspective.