Help a newbie out?!

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by QuantumGirl, Nov 26, 2012.

1. QuantumGirl

QuantumGirl New Member

Hello, there, everyone!

I'm almost certain I'm overreacting, but one can never be too careful, especially since this is the first time I've had to worry about failing a drug test.

I'm a 26-year-old woman, fairly physically inactive recently (but marathon-runner and hardcore cross-country girl until two months ago), but with a medium-fast metabolism. I'm 5'9", 140 lbs and slender/curvy, but can eat as much as my 6'2" 160-lb. husband and not gain weight.

On Thanksgiving, I took two puffs from my hubby's pipe (very mild) and he transferred two more hits to me via kissing...and this was my first time smoking ANYTHING EVER. I was barely affected by it. I already knew I had just got a great new job and that I started Monday, but it just *did not register* with me that what I was doing would cause me not to pass a drug test. Yes, I can be that naive. But 26 years of never worrying about this made me continue not to worry about it.

Just got a home test at the local smoke shop, and it came back clearly negative. But I'm still worried. I only smoked four days ago. I know that it's quite possible that the small amount I smoked and the fact that I'd never smoked before mean that I really AM clean, but I want to be sure.

Thank you all, and for the record, I think it's STUPID that such a harmless activity is illegal.

M
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

You'll pass with flying colors. The small amount you consumed on a totally clean system would not trigger a positive after a few days.
  3. ScrewedMentality

ScrewedMentality New Member

Yeah, what Buzzby said. THC sticks to body fat, so if you excersise alot, you burn off the THC as well.