HELP!: kidney infection urine test...

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by logophile, Jan 30, 2006.

1. logophile

logophile New Member

I'm in alot of pain when I pee and there's lots of blood involved, my side/ back were in pain all day and I'm running to pee every 10 min. or so. I looked into it and everything I'm seeing online says that this means kidney infection. However I smoked last night and Urine test is the first thing they test to see if you have a kidney infection. If they arnt looking for THC though will it show in the test? If they're only testing for a specific thing that screams kidney infection and not analizing my entire urine well then can I go to the e.r. or something and say I think I have a kidney infection? Or do I just live with this pain for days and pass out from blood loss but hey the THC will be out of my urine right!....? :eek:

2. sweetcan

sweetcan New Member

I don't see why they would test for drugs in this case. But even if they did, why would it matter what they found? A doctor would not/could not report you to anyone and cannot put you in rehab unless you are a danger to yourself...he/she would just know that you smoked pot. He/she could very well do the same. ;)

3. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

They are not checking for drugs

4. nornerator

nornerator New Member

For God's sake man, get to the Doctor!

First of all Doctors cannot report those types of things to the police, strictly confidential.

Second of all, even if they could/would (which they cannot) would you rather potentially die rather than face a very minor penalty or a very small amount of Jail time?

Please get to the Dr. ASAP, and I pray that you will get better soon, kidney problems can be very serious, especially if there is blood involved.

5. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

It sounds like you have either pyelonephritis, a kidney stone, or glomerulonephritis. The latter is extremely unlikely. Regardless, none of the testing for any of these requires drug testing. The urine tests your doctors will order to investigate these diagnostic possibilities do not routinely screen for drugs.
    You'll be fine. Now get to the doctor. Pyelonephritis can be serious.

6. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member

Most definately go to the DR you do not want to damage your Kidneys. They will just do the regular med test on it