Help relieving stress

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Freshness420, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Freshness420

Freshness420 Sr. Member

Alright so I have felt really stressed lately and apparently it is showing to other people. A few people have asked about my stress. So I decided that I am going to come up with a good idea to write about. Writing helps me relieve my stress I just never know what to write all the time. So I am gonna get baked and listen to music and try and inspire some ideas.

Any suggestions to what to listen to/do while high to inspire?

2. ichi

ichi New Member

lisen to some smooth old school stuff like the isley brothers or somthing that tell a story and isnt dpressing maby some theory of a deadman.that somtimes works for me good luck and cant wait to read and shouldnt the weed help with your stress levels.

3. AfroBongs

AfroBongs New Member

Well I don't know what kind of music you're into, but if it was me I would listen to some chill songs by the beatles, supertramp or the all time favorite of most stoners, pink floyd

Edit: Currently listening too "In The Light" by Led Zeppelin. Beautiful song

4. sterbo

sterbo sailor dog...

Vintage Dylan...

5. Bongo118

Bongo118 New Member

My method for winding down / relieving stress at the end of a hard day is smoking while listening to some Ratatat or Dispatch/State Radio (great stress relievers on their own) immediately followed by a nice, long shower. If anyone hasn't taken a shower RIGHT after smoking, I definitely recommend it. If you have the equipment to listen to music while taking a shower, that increases the experience a thousandfold. Since you mentioned you were a writer, I have some of the best ideas I've ever had when I'm high and taking a shower. So right after, brew a pot of Chamomile tea and start writing!

TL;DR: Ratatat, Dispatch/State Radio, Infected Mushroom, Boombox.

6. Freshness420

Freshness420 Sr. Member

Well I like just about anything. But really like Hip Hop, Rap, Reggae, and old school rap.

Right now I think I'm gonna listen to some Bob Marley or other classics and try and figure out a story. Yeah weed will help with stress, but I am looking more for after I'm done being high. So I can continue to write an interesting story.

7. Kushy

Kushy down

If stress is your problem, maybe you shouldn't write a story, and instead just write a diary entry kinda thing about whats going on in your life. I know calling it a "diary" sounds kinda gay, but seriously, just writing your thoughts about your life on paper or Word can literally help you de-stress so much. Smoke a bowl, put on some relaxing reggae like Bob Marley/Stoopid/Rebelution and just write about whats going on in your life. I guarantee it will vent a lot of emotions out of you, even if you're the only one who ever reads it.

2 people like this.
  8. Freshness420

Freshness420 Sr. Member

I've tried to do that before and it didn't work. But damn that sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely try that later.

9. cj117

cj117 Surfer Monkey

best remedy for stress:

EXERCISE!

I guarantee, go running for an hour every day and see how you feel. =D

10. BlazedCanadian

BlazedCanadian Sr. Member

Take a writing course, or start a journal

11. Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man Feeling eternal..

Look at how much your smoking. While smoking temporarily relieves stress it in turn creates more stress in the long-run. If your in high-stress mode and have a lot of responsibilities right now you would do well to take a tolerance break and get things done sober so when you smoke again you'll be able to relax and ride down the river we call life with no problems :cool:

12. Hour

Hour Sr. Member

I've gotta say, I love smoking a joint then having a relaxed band practice at my mates to relieve stress. Playing guitar with good mates, stoned, with no worries. Perfect thing to kill stress. Gutted I can't do it all the time...

So when I'm not doing that, I go out to pick up prostitutes and take them out for a nice dinner, have a nice chat, maybe possibly have a coffee after. With that done, I mate with them then kill them! =D Works great for killing stress.