High for 24 hours D:

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by CVV1, Mar 1, 2009.

1. CVV1

CVV1 New Member

I smoked ONE HIT, and I got high, I'm a lightweight.

The next day I wake up feeling a bit drowsy whatever, just the aftermath. 2 hours later, I GET HIGH AGAIN. I didn't smoke at all!!! I got the detached feeling for the rest of the day. Is this just me being burned out??? I don't smoke alot, this was the first time I smoked 2 days in a row....but I was high for 24 hours straight. Is this supposed to happen?:confused:

2. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

I didn't experience it so I'm not making saying your wrong but, personally, I think it was in your head.

4 people like this.
  3. potboy

potboy New Member

thats not even possible

4. spike420

spike420 New Member

This happened to me once, it happened when i first started. If your a new smoker which i am guessing you are, I think it was just your body getting used to THC. If you smoke alot I don't know what to tell you.

5. CVV1

CVV1 New Member

Yeah I'm having a hard time focusing even now...this hasn't happened before.

6. Night Time

Night Time New Member

When your liver processes Delta 9 THC (the main ingredient in pot) and it turns it into Delta 11 THC which is four times stronger (some studies suggest) but is released a lot slower. Maybe your body flushed out it's Delta 11 THC and that's why you got high, maybe. Just a theory!

2 people like this.
  7. Night Time

Night Time New Member

I believe you. When you smoke marijuana your body intakes the main ingredient, delta 9 THC, and your liver converts delta 9 THC into delta 11 THC. Delta 11 THC is suppose to be four times as strong as delta 9 THC, however it is released slowly back into the blood. Maybe your body flushed out it's delta 11 THC all at once (because you are a new smoker) and that's why you got high. Just a theory though!

8. BakedSilverado

BakedSilverado New Member

Gah, I wish I could be high for 24 hours, that is pretty amazing, congrats lol. And nighttime, doublepost, why?

9. mandeponium

mandeponium New Member

That happened to me the first 2 or 3 times I smoked. I woke up and moved around and then got high again.

10. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

I think you're just getting sick.

Or had a minor head cold the following day.

2 people like this.
  11. Stigma420247

Stigma420247 Sr. Member

heh... yeah...what he ^^^^ said ...

12. Wicked

Wicked Sr. Member

...or because of you being an inexperienced/lightweight stoner you could experiencing the "burnt out" feeling that someone previously suggested. That "detached" feeling you experience begins to go away after you get used to smoking. It feels like a light high, almost as if you're going through the day in "Office Space mode" as I like to call it. It's nothing to worry about, just stimulate your brain and you'll be in good shape.

4 people like this.
  13. locket

locket Oodalolly

After one hit? I don't know. I had that feeling the first time I smoked, but I smoked half a joint.

I don't think you could get that burnt out feeling and be high for 24 hours off a hit.

14. Electric Avenue

Electric Avenue New Member

THC stays in your body for quite a while, sometimes happens to the newer people to it, the THC might kick in a little bit the next day once you wake up and start moving.
    Its happened to me but not for long.
    I don't get it anymore since i have been smoking quite a lot.

15. hippie557

hippie557 New Member

The burnout is like a really bareable hangover, in my opinion. you just feel really tired, could be sensitive to light longer than usual and feel a slight headache. For me, I'm just a little sensitive to light the next morning after I smoke. I also sleep longer and it's harder to get going, so I'm rather tired. It's nothing a cup o' jo can't fix and then I'm off to class.

16. CVV1

CVV1 New Member

Thanks everyone, you guys basically nailed what happened to me. I just got worried this was permanent.

And...yes. One hit. Be Jealous. :cool:

2 people like this.
  17. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

Jealous? Who?:p:cool:

I personally love the act of smoking, not just being high, I'm not sure about other people but getting high of off one hit would suck, In my opinion. There is nothing wrong about being a lightweight though, it's actually good because you don't have to spend much.

18. jsx1313

jsx1313 New Member

^^^^^i agree^^^^^^^^

19. CVV1

CVV1 New Member

Should it really last 3-4+ days??? It's not as bad, but my depth perception still really sucks.

20. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

No, it shouldn't.

If you are that worried though, I suggest you quit or take a small break... :shrug: