Homemade Keif Catcher?

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Addict 7S, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Addict 7S

Addict 7S New Member

What type of screen should I be using? I have the design of the grinder pretty much laid out, but I have no clue what type of screen.

I considered something spaced like Ipod headphone screen, but there isnt alot I could use since its in little circles.

Any ideas?
  2. Youre_A_Bad_Catman

Youre_A_Bad_Catman New Member

screen door screen lol umm im not sure i would find a metal mesh screen from like hobby lobby or a hobby store
  3. Addict 7S

Addict 7S New Member

I was speaking to someone a while back and they said more plant matter would get through. Oh well, I dont have much of an option unless someone else has ideas.
  4. Youre_A_Bad_Catman

well from what im told silk screen will work as well but its pretty expensive but idk i thought about buying one and grinding up a couple of ounces and sift it for all the keif to make some hash
    2 people like this.
  5. Addict 7S

Addict 7S New Member

I suppose I will be fine without it. Oh well. :(
  6. Youre_A_Bad_Catman

another thing you could try is doubling up on the screen door screen and run them differently from each other so it makes a tighter hole?
    2 people like this.
  7. Addict 7S

Addict 7S New Member

Couldnt it be caught between the two screens though? Or maybe not make it throughthe second.
  8. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Silk screen you can buy it online at some hobby online store for like 20 some dollars..Or go to your local hobby store, ot your local screen printing place..They might sell you what you need..Then you will need to make a frame or box..To rub the weed around in to catch the keif..

Or you go go to ebay and buy a keif box for 50-75 bucks..

There called pollen boxes on ebay..
  9. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

You can easily buy a grinder with keif catcher for 15-20$, You coudsave yourself some hassle, But I have to admit, there is no better feeling than building it yourself.
  10. Mr Solodolo

Mr Solodolo New Member

Use iPod speakers, just made one jammed down under some tin foil it works great. Keeps the tin foil from coming in too, so I don't have to worry about inhaling that shit.