Homemade THC Pills

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Mr.Cheeb, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Mr.Cheeb

Mr.Cheeb New Member

A friend told me about this recipe, and, having the means, I decided I'd give it a try. I started with about a nicklebag's worth of some grade A, BC bud, though any amount will do.

What you'll need:
    - Finely busted/ground/chopped/snipped weed (any amount).
    - Some clear vitamin capsules, pulled apart and emptied of their contents.
    - Olive oil (I prefer extra virgin ;) ).

Pour enough oil to saturate the pot into the container containing your mixture. Stir, then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 300 degrees. Remove, let cool, and fill capsules. A nickelbag will fill almost 20 capsules. A veteran friend and I downed 8 each. About an hour to and hour and a half later we were hit with a very pleasant stone. The kind you can only get via eating the pot. It was nicely strong and laster much longer than smoking the same amount would have. Also, it wasn't a mind-clouding stone, and we didn't burn out from it. Which was nice.

Give it a shot and tell me what you think!
  2. hauptmann

hauptmann Seasoned Activist

You said a nickle bag makes 20 capsules, you took 8 each, which means you ate less than half of a nick bag of some weed and got stoned.
    I thought a nickle bag was $5 for about a half gram?

How is it that he can get stoned off half a nick, meanwhile I make a batch of brownies with emerald green cannabutter with a ounce in it and not get high.:(

I dont think I would get high off of smoking 8/20's of a nickle.

:confused:
  3. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

I guess it depends on your definition of a nickle. Until I started hanging around here, a nickel was 3.5 grams and cost around $25.00 in my area, if you can find somebody to sell you that small of an amount. Now I see people saying a nickel is 1/2 a gram, etc. :eek:

Mr.Cheeb, your friend isn't the only one that came up with the idea. Here is another way of making them as well. ;)

I personally think it is a great idea for people who don't like the taste.

Plains
  4. hauptmann

Nick 0.5 grams of Cannabis or 1/2 gram
    Nickel 0.5 grams of Cannabis or 1/2 gram
    Nickel Bag $5 worth of drugs

<Erowid.com Drug Slang>
  5. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

Nickel bag = 3.5 grams

Dime bag = 7 grams

Source: 24 years buying pot, starting back when ounces were lids. :D

That's what I am saying. I don't know if it is a regional thing or a generational thing, but the meaning got shifted. I used to get 5 dollar nickels (3.5 grams) back in the 70's. :p

Ahh, the good old days. :eek:

So Mr. Cheeb, what type of nickel you talking about? :)

Plains
  6. hauptmann

:D

Damn plains, your classic. This is just like half baked, your like Willie Nelson and I'm Dave Chappelle(the white version :))....your talking about the good ol' days.

"I remember when a dime bag used to cost a dime"

Historian Smoker: "You know how much condoms used to cost back in them days?"
    Thurgood: "How much?"
    Historian Smoker: "I dont' know. I... We never used them."

This thread has been enjoyed :)
  7. null

null New Member

u cooked with an ounce and didnt gett high damn..

usually when i cook i think i use a bit more or less dont know for sure

but about a cup worth of grinded bud and make brownies and i get stoned...done it with less half a cup and i still get ****ed up
  8. Mr.Cheeb

Mr.Cheeb New Member

Alright alright, up here a nickelbag, by definition, is a 15 dollar (CAN) bag of 1.5 to 2 grams. All crushed up... plus we threw a couple roaches in, I'm remembering.
  9. Smoke Rings

Smoke Rings New Member

its way more efficant and well.. better to just smoke the cheeba
  10. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

This is more METHODS of USE than Recipes...

I'm gonna kick it over there...

By the way, this method wouldn't really work...

If you baked it in oil in the oven, the effect of 300 degrees F for 20 minutes would probably reduce the tHC of the herb you are then using to make the capusles.

I might be wrong and the binding to the olive oil would be sufficient to preserve the tHC levels but, mmmm, I don't think this is a most effective method...

...just my $0.02

...have a cookie ...
  11. Feorge Gorman

Feorge Gorman New Member

Let's get back to the original topic...

...of 'Homemade THC pills'.

There are already plenty of threads concerning regional prices.

pOOn :cool:
  12. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

C'mon guys, please stop talking about prices. We already have threads about that.

If the discussion about prices continues, I'm gonna delete those posts, or even close the thread! :eek:

Welcome to the boards cyoteecrazy :wave:

We don't allow talking about hookups here on the boards, so please don't mention that again. Thanks.
  13. TurbulentHigh

TurbulentHigh New Member

I made these! They were so fun to make! And that is where the fun ended. No high for me. I waited an hour and a half. Nothing except stinky marijuana belches. You must be missing something out of the instructions. The pills look really cool though.

- TurbulentHigh

EDIT: I used mexican brick weed. It may be necessary to use high quality bud. Thus making this a very un-effective way to get high.
  14. I would never eat weed like that. I wouldnt wanna put anything that was handled by hundreds of hands in my stomach. However I would eat kif capsules. I think they would fukk you up so good and it would be worth the germs.
  15. TurbulentHigh

TurbulentHigh New Member

Please don't talk about prices or hook ups you will get threads locked.

- TurbulentHigh

16. sharps2

sharps2 New Member

Sounds interesting but.......

are you using high quality bud or Mexican birck weed?

Questions:

1) Why the olive oil and the baking? Does it make it more potent?
    2) Is the mixture dry or oily and sticky - hard to work with - after being baked?

My thought would be to just crumble buds, weigh them and then pack an equal amount by weight into the caps. That way you'll know how many caps for a certain level of stone.

What I did was to take 9 oz of dried leaves post harvest and made hash oil. Then I took one gram of killer homegrown bud and added 2 gms of hash oil and stirred it up. The resultant 3 gm "hash ball" came on like big time tripping like the best "windowpane" high you've ever had. It lasted a good 6 hours. As I said to my friends, "I'm much too high to be seen in public."

However....... I will be trying your method. I'm not foolish enough to pass on what might be a very good thing.

Hey man! Dave's not here!
  17. Skater dusto

Skater dusto New Member

Not trying to pick on you, but you'd smoke weed that's 'been touched by hundreds of hands' and not eat it? Where does that begin to make sense? If anything, wouldn't a digestive system of a healthy human being kill any germs that it normally would encounter?

I think that the weed I buy has probably only been touched by two, maybe three sets of hands. The grower, and the person(s) who manicured the bud. Then the bud ends up in my hands. I'm hoping that you were grossly exaggerating when you made that statement. Apparently there's parts of the world which aren't as blessed as my province. :(
  18. cyoteecrazy

cyoteecrazy New Member

The trick with heating the weed in olive oil is to activate the cannaboids. If the weed isnt heated to the boiling point of the oil or atleast the evaporation point which ever is higher, then the canaboids dont get activated, and not much of a high at all ensues. The unheated weed can be quite toxic too. that is why you hear it in olive oil, or alcohol... to activate the cannibates in the pot... does give quite a pleasurable high
  19. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

i thought that the purpose of the olive oil was to provide a fat for the fat-soluble THC to bind to, and the heat was to activate it....

hmmm.
  20. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

You do not need to activate the cannabinoids, such as THC. It's already active.

You can however, decarboxylate the THC acids (which don't get you high), into THC using heat.

But there is no activating THC.

And weed that isn't heated isn't more toxic than heated weed.