How can I brew marijuana tea?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by honestpuck, Apr 3, 2001.

1. honestpuck

honestpuck Guest

Oh the tea

I really wan to figure this out. I did try the butter n' tea recipe and it was gross and it did not get me high. NO offese meant. That is just reality. So I think I will start and experiment with other methods. The reason for tis quest is to find a better way of getting high. As we all know the main reason weed is bad for us is because of what it does to our lungs. Yes, brownies are good, but some ceremony is lost in eating baked goods to achieve. So chillin out with a cup of tea seemed like a way to keep a sense of ritual high. Much peace and love to all who experiment. :p
  2. PsYcHoLoGiCaL

PsYcHoLoGiCaL Seasoned Activist

Your problum was probally either you didnt use enough weed or you didnt break it up enough... try about 2 joints worth i tried one the 1st time and it got me pretty ****ed up... this morning i did it with 2 and it was insane. Dont even add butter i recomend you just take a mug of tap water fill it. Then take the weed MAKE SURE YOU BREAK IT UP INTILL IT IS IN POWDER FORM then put it in a coffe filter make sure its stapled shut. then pop it in the mic for around 3 mins and stir every once in a while. when its hot enough you should be able to smell the weed slightly and the watter should be a light green color. when done i recomend you break the coffee fitler open and sprinkly the weed into the drink cause you will get more ****ed up off it. The reason for still using the coffee filter is so when you are stiring the weed dosnt stick to the spoon... you should start to feel the effects a min or so into drinking the tea.. but it wont really kick in for around 30min to a hour and when it dose it will come hard. hope that helped. Im doing it again too night. Only im using 3 joints... heh im gonna be ****ed

psychological
  3. Why not get the weed and some butter, put it in a filter, then put it in the coffee perculator or micro. Wouldn't that work better because the weed would be getting into the hot water along with the butter. Psychological: two joints of chronic, mid-grade, or swag? If it would take two j's of chrons I would never see the point. Even if it was mids I would probably pass on this method as well.
  4. alibobar

alibobar New Member

Smoking pot only gets up to 30% of THC in your blood, by eating it you get the full 100% so, my advice is to only take like half a joints worth of weed cuz normaly a nice joint would get you toasted right, but by drinking/eating it you would get at least 3 times more f*cked up, I treyed the tea think once I had this special iron bal thingy panama was talking about and it really worked for us, just the weed (we use Dubble Purple) in the ball (we didn't even broke it up that much) and a normal tea bag next to it, some sugar and TADA, you got yourself some nice tea, maybe I'll leave the weed in the tea to eat next time I'm making it.
  5. alibobar: So how did you make it? How long did you steep it, and did you put butter in it?
  6. Spankys420

Spankys420 Guest

any1 know how to make bud beer?
  7. sifion

sifion New Member

I've heard that...

if you heat up the weed with the butter and you mix it withsome liquor you'll have a really good beverage:burnup:
  8. alibobar

alibobar New Member

just read the post: we used an Iron-ball-thingy, and only added some sugar and some normal tea for the flavour, no butter at all. we steeped it for some time untill the water was a bit brown-green-purple-ish (cuz we used Durble Purple) ofcourse I can't tell you how high I got from it cuz I was allready pretty stoned when we got the intire idea of making tea so, just try it, I am gonna tomorow and see if it actually worked.
  9. Cool alibobar, keep me updated.

Peace out

BH4C
  10. alibobar

alibobar New Member

sorry, but i have'nt gotten the time to try the tea thingy, cuz evry time we get weed, we smoked it before we got to my house and drink it, so, better luck next time....i guess

peace, and keep toking
  11. DEATHCRAYON

DEATHCRAYON Banned

.............I'M SICK RIGHT NOW SO I DECIDED TO MAKE SOME TEA BASED ON THE STUFF I READ HERE. I DID IT WITH THE MOST BASIC PROCEDURES.

1. I GOT SOME WEED AMOUNTING TO A JOINT
    2. MASHED IT WITH MY HANDS TO MAKE INTO FINE POWDER
    3. PUT IN A CUP WITH VERY LITTLE WATER, ONLY ABOUT HALF OF A VERY SMALL CUP.
    4. PUT IT IN THE MICRO AND TOOK IT OUT TO STIR AND IT THE WATER REALLY TURNED GREEN!
    5. I WAS SUPPOSED TO DRINK IT STRAIGHT BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT TASTE BAD
    6. SO I PUT SOME QUIK! JUST RIGHT TO MAKE IT REAL BROWN AND MASK THE TASTE.

.........IT ACTUALLY TASTED GOOD! I DRANK IT STRAIGHT AND MAN IN JUST A MATTER OF MINUTES I WAS FLYIN AND STILL AM HEHEHE. WEED TEA RULES! I'M GONNA DO THIS AGAIN FOR SURE
  12. Bongzilla

Bongzilla Seasoned Activist

Don't want to try my hash yet (waiting for a certain date, you know how it is :) ) and I have 1 dime of really high-quality bud and another dime of somewhat shwag.

Do you guys think this is enough to make one cup of tea that will effectively make me high? I want to know by tomorrow morning, so I can have some on the way to class :D
  13. PsYcHoLoGiCaL

PsYcHoLoGiCaL Seasoned Activist

Tight idea with add quick, marijuana hot chocolate :) and it probably gets you more high because quick has alot of fat in it. Im going to have to make it that way next time i decide to make some :)

Bongzilla, when i didnt it i used enough decent grade pot (30$ 1/8) has i would use a phat joint, and it got me pretty damn high, it seemed to be less entense but it lasted ALOT longer.

psychological
  14. Bongzilla

I just brewed some tea (not w/ marijuana tho) which I plan on using to mask the taste tomorrow morning.

I used your average tea, put a dash of vanilla extract, a small piece of semisweet baker chocolate, a few dashes of powdered mint chocolate, and then stirred it with a cinnamon stick,

Wow that was good :D

Tomorrow I may make marijuana coffee tough, and use some Baileys to mask the taste (just a bit, don't want to get drunk in the morning!)

Anyone know if two dimes for one cup of tea is good to make you high?!
  15. Bongzilla

I Made Marijuana Tea:

Well I made myself a cup of tea this morning, here's how I did it:

2 dimes of marijuana - one shwag the other real good stuff
    tea bag
    peppermint and vanilla extract
    cinnamon stick
    butter

I chopped the weed up pretty good and put it in the tea bag with tea still in it. I then put a heaping table spoon of butter (ech) in the cup and through the bag of weed in too. After putting some boiling water in the cup, I got a burst of that nice smell :) I stirred it and started squishing the bag hard in the bag, and mixing it with butter.

I added a bit more butter and some of the extract (see above) then put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stirred with cinnamon stick, and voila :D

Unfortunately the bag broke open, so I was drinking weed and tea leaves, which could be good for the high, but tasted nasty.

I drank it at 7.30 and it gave me an awesome body high for nearly three hours! It was never intense, just very comfortably, by 10.00 my body felt all tingley.
  16. golder

golder Guest

i've made ganja tea before. it worked. it tasted phine.

here's what i'd suggest: save up a bunch of seeds and stems (you weren't gonna use them anyways) and get a hold of a tea ball --you could also open a tea bag, fill it, and stapple it shut. fill the tea ball w/ seeds and stems (i'd recommend crushing up the seeds first) and add whatever sort of loose tea you dig ==i like to use a mixture of green and black teas (also a good mix for making mushroom tea) and a bit of mint can never hurt. bring up water to a boil in a kettle, drop in the tea ball and let simmer (don't keep water at a rolling boil) for around 10 or 15 minutes.

i've never tried adding butter, but it seems like it would make the tea work better (THC bonds to fatty substances) and butter in tea is not such a strange idea. the nepalese have been drinking tea w/ butter (tsampa) for centuries.

happy drinking.
  17. Rocca

Rocca New Member

Humm

Smoking is my favorite option, but since i got a very strong cold, i stay for the first time in my life 15 days without smoking! the butter thing is kind of expensive i guess...so i am doing the tea thing right now! i been waiting for 20 minutes...but wenn i see the butter floating i think twice before drinking! well here we go...

i´ll let you guys know if it was effective! any other easy recepie?

Peace
    rocca;)

p.s: CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I ALSO SHOULD EAT THE WEED LEFT IN THE CUP?
  18. Hashishi

Hashishi Unf*ckwit'able

^ Yes.

The recipes in this thread don`t seem particularly effective to me. Personally, I`d try this:

1) Grind your weed until as fine as possible

2) Place in blender, top up with cream and blend for a good 15-20 minutes.

3) Decant into a saucepan, top up with a little bit of milk and warm until just below boiling point. Stir and repeat..

4) Leave to stand and stir occasionally.

Now, you`ve got creamy MJ milk to put in a regular cup of tea without the nasty butter floating on top. Should be just as effective, too. A shot of Irish whiskey and you`ve got Irish marijuana cream tea.

:thumb:
    2 people like this.
  19. O High O

O High O Sr. Member

That sounds tasty.
    2 people like this.
  20. adam914

adam914 New Member

THAT'S GENIUS BRO!!! I'M SERIOUSLY GOING TO MAKE SOME WEED TOAST LATER. WOW. good idea!