How do I enjoy life without weed?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by grasslover, Nov 22, 2011.

1. grasslover

grasslover New Member

I am currently on probation for a DUI and I am subject to random drug tests for the next 16 months. I don't drink at all anymore, but marijuana is a huge part of my life. In fact, I'm a supervisor at a medical marijuana clinic and my whole job is to talk about and research weed every day. I have a legal authorization to go into marijuana dispensaries and can even grow up to 15 plants, but not if I'm on probation. Which I am. I've decided just to quit since it's not worth the possibility of going to jail if I drug test positive. But life just sucks without maryjane and I'm exposed to it all day at work. I need advice on how to begin to enjoy life without weed for the next 16 months.

2. QuirkyTucsonChik

QuirkyTucsonChik New Member

legal highs are your friends! i recommend hysteria marshmallow leaf, fuzion, 7h, purple diesel, etc. they give you a great feeling without the risk of getting in trouble. i understand what youre saying, id be pretty sad too if i had to give up getting high, so i sure as hell hope that legal buds dont become illegal!

3. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

No, legal highs are not your friend, they havent been tested well enough to know the long term effects, and they are thought to be dangerous. It may not even be the sythetic cannabinoids in the plants that are so horrible for you but even the random blend of plants that the chemicals are sprayed on.

If you need something new to do try getting a hobby.

12 people like this.
  4. QuirkyTucsonChik

QuirkyTucsonChik New Member

i think that there are reports saying that legal highs are dangerous because some people think that it is overall wrong to be high and they want to scare others away from it. today i googled "studies on legal cannabinoids" and "negative effects of legal cannabinoids". i read thru a bunch of websites with all sorts of claims, but none of them actually described a test that was performed that described negative effects of legal buds. i smoke marshmallow leaves often and the only negative effect ive ever gotten from them is an increase in heart rate, but that ends when my high ends. perhaps people with high blood pressure should not do them (im not a doctor, so i cannot say for sure). however, i had an abnormally low blood pressure before i began smoking them, and now i have a perfect blood pressure. also, you come down from synthetic cannabinoids much easier and faster than marijuana. with weed, you have a high for a few hours, then feel groggy and slow afterward (thats the way it is for me and other people i know anyway). but with marshmallow leaves, youre high for an hour or two, then when you come down, you feel perfectly normal, not groggy or slow.

5. Beast'N On'M

Beast'N On'M Sr. Member

Try to look at the positives of life, and try to do things that will keep you busy. You like to workout? Start working out. You like to watch movies? Go to the movies, you know? Maybe start doing things that will benefit you in the long run, like studying certain topics such as learning languages.

But remember, stay busy. Doing something, anything really, will keep your mind off of weed. Perhaps begin reading books that intrigue you? Those 16 months will fly, my bro. Just stay positive and good luck to you.

4 people like this.
  6. MrIMStoned

MrIMStoned |BIG BROTHER|

The key point there is that are no studies. Negative or positive. If you don't want to be the lab rat, then stay away from that stuff.

OP should get a hobby, like malitia95 said, or try and find something constructive to do.

7. grasslover

grasslover New Member

Thanks for all your positive replies. I thought of getting into other highs that are either legal (like the legal bud) or even just drinking because it's out of your system so quickly, but I think it's best just to focus on something productive like some of you said. I don't like to think of myself as an addict so I guess I'll stop acting like one and just enjoy life without the highs for awhile. (Oh and to Beast'N On'M: I'm a girl. :) and that was great advice, thank you.)

4 people like this.
  8. Beast'N On'M

Beast'N On'M Sr. Member

Oh my bad, my apologies, sister.

2 people like this.
  9. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

Marshmallow leaf isnt the same thing as spice. Im sure there is much more info on marshmallow leaves than there is spice.

10. I'mwithweed

I'mwithweed New Member

Women. There lies your answer.

11. new2twistinup

new2twistinup One with the Universe.

12. The KiD CuDi

The KiD CuDi New Member

You do know that the OP is a girl right?

13. WolfGang Paco

WolfGang Paco Sr. Member

Hey man, if your gunna be gettin into some girl on girl action, best be postin some pics! :p

14. I'mwithweed

I'mwithweed New Member

At least it'd be something new.