how do i get rid of my high

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by travestyweb, Oct 14, 2005.

1. travestyweb

travestyweb New Member

What do u guys do when u have to go to work the next morning and ur still baked. Like how could i get rid of my high in the morning. I really need help with this one please. please respond anyone asap! lol

2. weedMoney

weedMoney Banned

did you find a way to eliminate the need for the wake and bake?

3. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

That's a good question trav. Obviously you need to have some discipline to stop smoking early enough the evening before, with some knowledge of your body, so you don't wake up baked, which isn't really that pleasant anyway. Coffee may help but not for everyone, take a shower, eat a big breakfast. When I used to smoke regular cigarettes sometimes smoking one or two would help bring me down. Are you actually waking up high, or just feeling like crap from the night before?

4. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Eating, cold showers, a sauna followed by rolling naked in the snow.

If you're still high when you wake up in the morning you're probably smoking too much.

5. headsi6

headsi6 New Member

have lots of liquids... avoid caffeine it only gives u temporary relief and gives u the jitters... yup a big breakfast lots of juice... then take a shower... then drink GATORADE just a gulp or two... the effects are magical you can thank me later hehehe!

6. dangerous_squid

dangerous_squid New Member

Eating and liquids help you metabolise the chemicals. However, weed has an extradinarily long half-life so there's no real way to stop the "hang-over" except smoking less. Also, daily smokers such as myself already have so much THC in our bodies we don't "notice" the "hang-overs" from weed.

7. the_captain

the_captain New Member

Try drinking high energy glucose drinks to raise your blood sugar levels.

8. joel223

joel223 New Member

I used to drink one of those "Red Bull" drinks... Picked me up within thirty minutes

9. ski-maskandagat

ski-maskandagat New Member

Man bump that ish, I just wake up and toke, i would never try to get rid of my high, just get higher :chokin:

10. ketchum

ketchum New Member

In my 40 years of daily use I have found that milk does the trick. I have seen milk dissipate the high from almost every drug I know of. However, a good sleep - 6 hours or more - should eliminate the high. I suppose it depends on your usage and tolerance more than anything.

11. RAYDOGG

RAYDOGG New Member

LOL you wake up high, Damn I wish I wake up high!!!

12. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

When you have serious work to do, waking up high is a major drag. Being high is great for some things but most of what I do is much better done sober. Waking up high is definitely a dosage effect. Moderation in all things!

13. Dun

Dun New Member

Whenever I wake and bake, rinsing my mouth with listerine absolutely kills my buzz. Similarly, if I smoke too soon after rinsing, I won't feel the effects at all. Useful to terminate a buzz if it's inappropriate, but annoying when unintentional.

Edit: Sorry for the necroposting, forgot I had done a search on tolerance :rolleyes:

14. Jmoney1442

Jmoney1442 New Member

for me at least, eating a banana always seems to kill the high. it's nice for when im about to do something that requires sobriety but when done by accident it really kind of sucks

15. Malliwirapesheake

Malliwirapesheake New Member

eating anything fatty does it for me..or at least takes it down a notch... i always avoid eating till my high is winding down because of it or right before baking again...lol... wish i had your problem by the way... getting RID of a high has not been much of a problem lately ...loll

16. BipolarBunny

BipolarBunny New Member

Adderall?

17. michelemishellie

michelemishellie New Member

Wow ,,,your still high off weed in the morning,,,,drinking alcohol,,,okay,,,but weed,,,shouldn't last that long. But back in the day and I mean way back,,,,eating and drinking milk along with a shower should bring anyone down. I just can not believe you are still high off pot after sleeping and then waking up high. Maybe you are just high on life,,,so enjoy it.

18. michelemishellie

Ohhhh,,,,,,is that what it is? I have been a daily smoker for about 35 years and I have never and don't ever remember waking up high or hung over from pot. Cuz there is major amounts of THC in my system, LOL Thanks,,

19. michelemishellie

LOL,,,that is what I told him too,,,,I did not see your reply until after,,,I have been smoking 35 years daily and that is what I said,,well back in the day we used to drink milk,,,I just thought it was funny after reading your reply.

20. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

It rarely happens to me but the best advice I can give is "take the day off" but next time start toking earlier so you'd be coming down before you go to bed. Our metabolism slows down when we're sleeping so if you go to bed when you're baked, you'll probably be pretty high when you wake up although this isn't true for everyone.