How does Marijuana affect you?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by doubleoh, Feb 3, 2010.

1. doubleoh

doubleoh New Member

Hey guys, I have heard from some people how weed can effect your nervous system, make you lazy and such. I am wondering if any of you know about some science behind weed, experiments done proving or disproving that weed has a negative effect on you and such. Anyway, what do you guys think? Does weed have any bad effects on you with proof or not?
    :mj2: :afro:

2. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Pot effects every user a different way..For me it makes my mood stable..It does not make me lazy if I have something to do..Weed actually makes me focus on the task at hand, and also makes my brain function better..

I got permission when I was at college to go home and get stoned to come back and take a test..I passed with flying colors after a little medication...

3. metanoia

metanoia Smoke. Weed.

Long term use can lead to anxiety/depression, but this is debatable.
    maybe some Short Term Memory loss.
    Brain cells are not killed.
    The only way weed changed my life was I did better in school and I got a more understanding mind.

2 people like this.
  4. Stewba

Stewba Sr. Member

It will change you, but probably not because of any chemical that's in it.

It just changes your perspective on life.

It's less harmful than alcohol to the mind and body in all respects. So, if after drinking you didn't feel that you had been "damaged" in some way, then you will for sure be fine after smoking.

After smoking for a few years, I feel fine, possibly even more happy and in touch with who I really am than I would have been without smoking.

As for studies, there are a lot of them that show weed as non-harmful and non-addictive. There are studies that show use by kids can lead to developmental problems so keep that in mind.

There are also studies that show monkeys die when they ingest marijuana and all that BS, they aren't conducted in any other way than to show that marijuana is harmful. Just to give you an idea of how far they will go, they pumped marijuana smoke directly into chimps (like 5 joints worth in one sitting or something?), with no outside air, and then said "Marijuana causes brain damage". Well, lack of oxygen is what causes brain damage, foolish scientists.

2 people like this.
  5. doubleoh

doubleoh New Member

I'm 14 lol, you think I should stop?

6. Stewba

Stewba Sr. Member

It's your choice. I hate to be a hypocrite because if at 14 I had been adventurous enough to try marijuana, I probably would have been smoking it ever since, but I have to say that I feel that's too young.

If you choose to do it, you have to realize that it's a very serious decision you're making. One that could land you in legal trouble, or even your parents in legal trouble. You have to approach this situation with the level of maturity an adult would. What I mean is, (this is hypothetical here) if your friends think it's fun to go to school baked and reaking of weed, you need to be the one to stand up and say, "hey, that's a really foolish thing you guys are doing, it could get you in serious trouble."

EDIT: I forgot to add that if your parents aren't okay with it, you're going to have to do it behind their backs. You will inevitably get caught some time, unless you are extremely careful, so you must also be prepared for the disappointment that you cause them.

2 people like this.
  7. metanoia

metanoia Smoke. Weed.

I think it's not what age you are that matters, it's the level you have of maturity. I'm 14 and I smoke as often as I can. You have to know control of yourself and your priorities ordered first. Or you'll make the pot head stereotype even worse. Dont ask others what you should do. Ask yourself what you should do.

3 people like this.
  8. doubleoh

doubleoh New Member

Yeah I would never go to school with weed or high so that is out of the question. My parents are not okay with it. I will just try to be careful. But I think getting caught is inevitable. Anyway man, thanks a bunch for your suggestions, I will take it all into consideration. :)

2 people like this.
  9. Hellraz0r

Hellraz0r Sr. Member

2 people like this.
  10. jynxx

jynxx New Member

Relaxed. I do get tired but usually only when I'm coming down.

11. Spazzfrom1989

Spazzfrom1989 New Member

I just get super hyphy. I got ADHD and use to take antetimines to calm me down, weed seems to get me really hyper and active, when there's music on ill just dance for a good few hours. And i don't think exercising and sweat kill a high. I heard that the chemicals rest in fatty cells or something, that i don't really know, but i know that you do not sweat out fat, That's just incorrect and a common myth. Not to mention whether i dance or not im still faded for the same amount of time mostly

12. 024

024 Sr. Member

I find after sleeping on pot I really refreshed and better the next day. I would rather spend my night smoking than drinking.