How long do you inhale?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Grams, May 5, 2010.

1. Grams

Grams New Member

I was reading this artical and it said something along the lines of

"95% of THC is taken in of that hit in 1-2 seconds, everything after that is just hurting your lungs"

This really shocked me, because usually I hold in until I get a tingling sensation and have exhale.
  2. hyperdawg64

hyperdawg64 New Member

I am assuming what you meant to say was 'How long do you hold your hits in?' =P

Anyway, I read that the time for absorption was 2-3 seconds from a different source, but I usually shoot for an easy 5 seconds or so.
  3. Sofa King

Sofa King It's Good to be the KING.

Vapor - As long as I can, comfortably.

Smoke - 3 - 5 seconds.
  4. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia New Member

Usually 5-10 seconds.
  5. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

As long as I can comfortably. Once it's gets uncomfortable I blow out the rip.
  6. gnjisthbst

gnjisthbst New Member

depends if i wanna blow smoke rings or not.....
  7. DirtyBlaze

DirtyBlaze New Member

I usually hold it for about 7 seconds. Though after 5 seconds, I slowly begin exhaling. Seems to work just fine for me. Avoids a coughing fit, my lungs don't hurt even after the biggest of hits, I can rest assured that no THC is being wasted, and all is swell. :)
  8. FenderGreen

FenderGreen New Member

I do about 5-7 seconds
  9. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

Why? After 5 seconds, there's nothing for your lungs to absorb but negative things like tar and excess particulate matter.

Answering the question.. about 2-3 seconds usually. sometimes a bit more if i'm running low.
  10. 024

024 Sr. Member

not more than 5 seconds, usually a good 2-3 seconds.
  11. steveisaninja10

steveisaninja10 New Member

wait you guys inhale? jk i used to hold it in mad long but now i guess i hold it for like two seconds maybe i really dk
  12. Mista_Cannabis

Mista_Cannabis New Member

I'm one of those smokers that figures, why not just hold it in as long as possible? If anything, it only hurts me, and I'm okay with weed hurting my lungs, it happens anyways when you smoke. I just don't like the thought of any weed goin' to waste ;D
    So I just take my hit, as I pull away inhale it as long as I can, then usually hold my breath for atleast 5 seconds. Probably closer to 10, or longer.
    If it hurts me, it never hurts me as much as cigs do. Therefore I don't care! :D
    2 people like this.
  13. LRdank22

LRdank22 New Member

Like 5-7 seconds
  14. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia New Member

Hey I don't know that. Plus it feels like I get higher the longer I hold it in, but that's probably just in my head.
  15. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

It could be a little placebo, but you are getting "higher" but it isn't from the weed, it's from depriving yourself of oxygen, which isn't good. Pot won't kill brain cells, but oxygen deprivation will ;)
  16. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

8-10 seconds. Seems like I've read someplace that it takes 90% of the goodies in the smoke roughly 10 seconds to be absorbed into your lungs. I'm not into wasting my precious THC so I hold each hit in for 8-10 seconds most of the time.
  17. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I'm pretty sure the majority will say anything after 5 is just unnecessary damage to your lungs, and that after 5 seconds all the THC you're going to get is absorbed.
  18. Pennywise87

Pennywise87 New Member

I hold in for no longer than 5 seconds, usually only 3-4 thou.
  19. Venatrix

Venatrix New Member

I generally hold it in 3-5 seconds.
  20. Lukeaxx

Lukeaxx Sr. Member

I've always known that it's about 3 seconds till most of it is absorbed, so i've never really held it more than 3 seconds.

No point doing extra damage to your lungs.

With a bong though, I like to ghost it because it adds a nice effect to the experience of a huge bong hit.