How long do you stay high?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by tenorninja1, Aug 8, 2010.

1. tenorninja1

tenorninja1 New Member

Like if you were just smoking about a gram? and how long does it take to feel that your high?

2. Marley's Bong

Marley's Bong New Member

I feel it almost instantly after i exhale, but i usually get higher like 10min later.
    I usually stay high for 1 hour 20 min- 1 hour 40 min. it doesnt really matter how much i smoke as long as its danks. From a gram.

The high goes away but i then have the munchies for hours after.

2 people like this.
  3. partysmasher

partysmasher New Member

Mine creeps in for about 10 minutes and then slams me usually. I stay high for only about 45 minutes to an hour. Of course there's the come down, but I just get sleepy so it's like I'm BONKERS HIGH and then ready for a nap. I smoke at night, though.

2 people like this.
  4. Blackbear

Blackbear Sr. Member

It depends how long I space the hits out. Usually I'll get max high between 10-20 minutes, have a good enjoyable high for about 40-50 minutes, then have a sleepy comedown high for about 20-30 minutes.

2 people like this.
  5. newcarcaviar

newcarcaviar Sr. Member

Depends on my tolerance at the time. Well, first I'll say that smoking a gram to the head would get me really toasted regardless.

But I've had a low tolerance that could have me feeling it for 2-3 hours, and I've also had a high tolerance where I'm feeling completely sober again in 30-40 minutes.

2 people like this.
  6. Nepo

Nepo Sr. Member

I start feeling high after the second or third toke.
    The high peeks like 5 - 10 min. after smoking.
    It lasts from 40min - 2 hours (depending on the weed).
    Then it's time to eat and sleep! edit: or smoke some more ;)

2 people like this.
  7. Pessimist

Pessimist New Member

I usually start to feel high about the third or fifth hit, with the peak coming about 20 minutes later. It will usually last around an hour and a half of good tunes, so that means time to smoke again :p.

2 people like this.
  8. Rahhal

Rahhal New Member

I hate my fast metabolism... The longest I've been high was about an hour, and that was when I was too stoned to move (or have fun... at all...).

For the same reason brownies don't affect me. They pass right through me before my body can absorb enough of it. Same thing with iron and some other nutrients... so I'm scrawny and anemic... blehhh.

4 people like this.
  9. zappy

zappy Pondering Primate

Assuming my tolerance is low enough and quality of the weed is high enough, I can feel the high before I've even exhaled. My first hit is normally enormous though. Before I take my first hit I breathe in and out deeply several times to load my blood with oxygen. Since the urge to breathe is controlled by your medulla on the basis of blood oxygen levels, this can make sure I can breath in for much longer. I breathe slowly at first so the lighter cooks the weed a little, then I draw long and hard. I find I can take the biggest hits this way.

Some of my lecturers would be shocked by how I apply the things they teach me lol. My chemistry teachers unknowingly gave me the knowledge to make illegal drugs at home, but I swear I've never done that ;). Using my chemistry knowledge I've made lots of different recreational, often very illegal drugs, just out of curiosity. For example there is a completely legal plant called Hawaiin Baby Woodrose which contains a relatively non-psychoactive chemical known as LSA, so you can have a guess as to what I made out of that :p I've also done some stuff where I made some relatively pure THC/canninoid mix then I chemically treated it to change the THC structure and thus change the effect of the drug. Once again, very illegal, but very interesting. Honestly if this stuff were legal I'd be doing it at home just for fun, and possibly making some legitimate scientific discoveries. There's a lot to be known about the science of drugs, but unfortunately most scientists aren't even allowed to research the stuff because there is this endless list of government permits that pretty much make it impossible. It's pretty disturbing how harsh the laws are just for messing around with chemistry at home. Out of completely legal household chemicals with a tiny amount of chemistry you can make things that could put you in jail for many, many years. It's strange how this world works.

2 people like this.
  10. Darkgamr

Darkgamr New Member

When I first started smoking I remember I would be super high for about 4 hours off of half a blunt, then have the weird after effects for the rest of the day and part of the next day where I felt slightly different and still had the munchies, but wasn't high. Now, I stay high about 1 and a half hours and still have the munchies up to about 3 hours after smoking.

2 people like this.
  11. Rahhal

Rahhal New Member

Of course... it always SEEMS longer. I remember sitting on the back porch around one AM talking for what seemed like long into the morning hours, but when I came inside it was only like 2:15. o_O

12. kronik

kronik New Member

After I take a hit or two I feel it creep on me like within the minute then, I'm fried 15-30 mins in and start coming down a biiiit... but I'm baked for like 2-3 more hours

13. Scully

Scully New Member

I stay high for about 3 hours.

14. MattyBlunts117

MattyBlunts117 Sr. Member

it takes me like 10 mins to feel the high and it lasts about 1 hour, maybe a little more. not as long as it used to be...maybe ill take a break soon.

15. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

If I'm lucky 2 hours, but usually only really high for 45 mins to an hour. I'll have a head-change for quite awhile afterward but not high.

16. toking_gangster

toking_gangster New Member

depends what the quality of the weed is, what time of day it is, how much i've smoked already, if i smoked the day before (i usually do, haha).

if i smoked a gram to myself of some kill to myself i would be so fucking just gone but that's too much to smoke by yourself of some kill. some mids prob like 45 minutes

17. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

well, it all depends on what i'm smoking out of, how many people and smoking and what kind of weed it is.

if it's just me and my boyfriend, out of the bong and some pretty good dank, my high will last me about an hour like really high omg what? what was that? dude! dude! dude! whoa high... but after that i'm just like MUNCHIES then sex, then sleep.