How long does it take to get hair test results?

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by amandahuginkiss, Mar 12, 2008.

1. amandahuginkiss

amandahuginkiss New Member

I think that my subject line says it all...

I took the hair test exactly one week ago. I was told by the lab that collected my sample that I'd get the results in 48 hours. It's been a week and I'm still waiting.

I'm supposed to start my new job next week and I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going or not...

2. goldfish

goldfish New Member

no news is good news-

3. willipass

willipass New Member

Did you get your results back? I had mine done a week ago and also no answer yet. Starting to think there is something wrong.
    What was your use history?
    THX

4. Paronto

Paronto New Member

I've heard that it takes around 48 hours for a negative result to show, but a few days longer if it's positive because they will need to re-examine it.

I took my test on Monday, two days ago, and spoke with my company's HR rep a few mins ago who asked me if I had gone for my drug test yet - so obviously she doesn't have any results.

Jerry, Sec, should I be concerned about this, or is it still too soon? Could it be just that the passing info could not yet have been relayed to this HR rep?

5. goldfish

goldfish New Member

The collection facility told me that it will take 3-4 days, whatever that means;

I took my test Fri and heard from my HR rep this morning about showing up to work, but that does not prove whether or not they got the results (although I am fairly confident I passed).

Don't worry yet, especially since you just took it monday. No news it good news, right?

Best of Luck-

6. willipass

willipass New Member

Thanks so much goldfish:)
    Only I had that test done last Monday 03/10/08. Still no news. Do you know how much it takes to do the confirmatory tests, if I tested possitive?

THX

7. tiggeronspeed

tiggeronspeed New Member

So.. I've only smoked pot twice in my life... Once was about three years ago, and the second time was last week on tuesday, I think. I took a saliva test yesterday which was exactly one week. the blunt was small, and I had about 5 or 6 puffs. I drank like 5 bottles of water the night before, and about 4 or 5 the whole day before the test. do you think it'll come out positive?? SOMEONE HELP.

8. krycek77

krycek77 New Member

Did you hear back yet? I'm curious because I'm in a very similar situation as you, according to your other posts.

9. bigdog21

bigdog21 New Member

how long?

How long did it take you guys to get it back and when you did get it back, did you pass? I am in the very same situation right now, 7 days in, and nervous.

10. krycek77

krycek77 New Member

I heard back from my employer 7-8 days after my hair test/physical. It was awhile ago but I remember contacting my employer a couple days after the test, because I had to take care of some paperwork, and I told her to let me know if she has not received the test results in a timely fashion. I used the excuse that I was leaving town soon, and that if I needed to take care of loose ends at the clinic, then I would have to do it soon.

This was just my way of asking her to tell me when she gets the results, without sounding like I was really anxious to see if I passed.

good luck