How long does it take to get the results back for a pre-employment drug screen?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by hb_whiteman, Oct 16, 2009.

1. hb_whiteman

hb_whiteman New Member

Does anybody know how long it takes for the pre-employment drug screen results to come back? I took my test on Tuesday after not smoking for 2 1/2 weeks and using the dilution method while taking creatine. It is now Friday and the results have yet to come in. Should I be worried?

2. cthcforlife

cthcforlife Sr. Member

Should be 2-3 weeks, when I popped on my hair test it was almost a month later that they called and spoke to me bout failing with off topics, the never said anything bout finding cannabis

3. dankhead420

dankhead420 New Member

just wait a week thats how a job usually takes to call back

4. KillerWeed420

KillerWeed420 Sr. Member

It only takes 3 days. If you haven't heard anything after 3 business days you're good.
    You'll wait far longer for HR decide whether they want to hire you or not.

5. Secs

Secs New Member

Usually a drug test is post offer. That means, they give you a test after they have made the decision to hire you. A negative test should take no longer than 48 business hours. (If you tested on Tuesday, by Thursday afternoon at the latest, they should have negative results). If your test is positive, then it would take 3-4 days longer to confirm at the lab.

6. caliguy

caliguy New Member

Should I be worried then?

So if the place where I got tested said they still don't have results back after more than 72 hours is it safe to assume that I failed the first screen and they are confirming. Or is it possible that they just have not gotten to it yet. I was super confident going in (passed several home tests including one 1.5 hours before test). Now feeling anxious.

7. Secs

Secs New Member

Most times, the place where you tested won't ever get results. The MRO usually reportes directly to the company, not the collection facility. Call the HR person to ask some bogus question regarding your start date, benefits, etc. Sometimes specimen's get lost during shipping, etc.