how long does it take you to start feeling high?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Blazerrr, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Blazerrr

Blazerrr New Member

I have been smoking for maybe a year or so, and ever since I first started it has been the same: i don't feel high until hour or so after I smoke, but I can still get really high. All my friends start feeling it after one bong rip, or a few hits from a bowl, but for me no matter what I do, I feel nothing for a while, and sometimes I feel nothing at all. I dont think its a tolerance issue because I really have only been smoking once a week or so for the last year, and only socially with friends.

Is there any reason for this? Is it common with other people?

2. titty

titty New Member

I think I'm with your friends on this one, it only takes me about 2-3 hits to start feeling it, however that wont get me super stoned either so.... :shrug:

3. Knobley

Knobley New Member

That's really weird. I usually can feel the effects of cannabis edging in after a few minutes of smoking.

4. drOnly

drOnly its blunt o'clock

for me it really all depends on the quality of the cannabis.. one nice hit of keif and thats all i need to be high, about 2-3 hits of good shit and im done, half a gram of mids gets me high..

5. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D New Member

I start feeling the effects after I blow out the first toke.

6. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

depends on the weed, with the straight dank, one good rip, but if its ok stuff like white widow or bullrider 2-3, for others it takes a bit more, but its always within the first few minutes of my first rip, never more than 10 minutes

7. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I feel the effects almost immediately, as within seconds of exaling my first hit. By the time the bowl is finished, I'm either a) high b) starting to wonder if I want a refund on the weed. An hour later? Doesn't make ANY sense to me, since, via smoking, thc is in your system basically instantaneously. Theres no logical reason why wouldn't "feel" it for an hour.....Personally, with my tolernace, my high is already fading at that point, and definitely not getting any more intense. Are you sure this isn't something mental, or a placebo effect? Theres no scientifgic explanation on why your highs don't kick in like the rest of ours do. If you were eating it, I could understand, as the weed would have to be digested before getting you high.....but smolkingf delivers, for all practical purposes, an instant high, or nearly so

8. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I've noticed that I can get a new "state of mind" simply by holding onto my packed bowl, breathing deep, and getting ready to smoke.

I feel small shifts in perception after every hit. I feel "high" by the end of the bowl, unless it's middies or something.

9. markd653

markd653 New Member

usually it takes me like a couple minutes nd about a bowl or 2 to get high, but for those who didnt know it supposedly takes 4 minutes nd 20 secs...thats why the date is 4/20

10. steakii

steakii New Member

That is complete bull 4/20 has nothing to do with how long it takes you to feel the effects of the plant.

That seems very odd. I feel it a few seconds after exhaling the first hit, or if it is low quality weed or i have a low tolerance, it is about 3 hits. If you are smoking the weed, there is no logical reason i can think of for it to take an hour to kick in. You get it in your lungs, and it goes directly into your blood stream. It shouldnt take more than a few seconds. It might be more a placebo effect.

11. Blazerrr

Blazerrr New Member

whoa i dunno what it was but the weirdest thing happened. I smoked again yesterday. Only I was by myself for the first time, as every other time I smoke I am with a group of people. I relaxed and smoked a bowl. I felt the effects almost immediately for the first time!

I dont know what it is but it must be some mental thing when im with people? Now that I have felt the effects immediately maybe it will transfer over for when I smoke with other people? I will have to test that soon. Very interesting...

12. steakii

steakii New Member

You probably just didnt notice it because all of your friends were acting so high and you were acting nothing like them, but once they calm down you notice it more. Just a though, i have no clue how your friends act

13. krad

krad New Member

When i was a novice smoker I would feel my high coming on after i exhale my first hit, now, it takes around 5 minutes after i smoke. but a lot of factors affect that

14. markd653

markd653 New Member

i dont know if its true (which i highy doubt) but its jsut waht i heard...there is too many factors in telling on when ur high will come to an effect depending on quality nd what kind

15. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

Actually, you are correct.
    Granted, the quality of the weed plays a large part.
    But so do the tolerance of the smoker, the type of weed (indica vs sativa) and the size of the tokes.

16. Tokemon420

Tokemon420 New Member

Its different for me all the time, sometimes it will it me after the 2nd, 3rd hit. I've had a couple times it didnt hit me for 20 minutes after taking like 10-15 hits, but surely it hit me real hard later, thats my favorite, when the shit just sneaks up on u and BOOM! "Damn im blazed" haha

17. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

No, that has nothing to do with it. A bunch of kids from a high school in California used to meet up at a statue at 4:20 (after class) and smoke weed.

Anyways, back on track. I usually start feeling high after taking a few good hits from the pipe.. depending on how rapidly I take the tokes I usually get pretty stoned after a few minutes.

18. steakii

steakii New Member

When i want that to happen, i smoke laying down on my swing on the back porch. I smoke alot then stand up really fast. I dont feel high at all until i stand up. Then its just like DAMN and i have to sit back down for a few seconds.

19. Bud&bluntman

Bud&bluntman Sr. Member

If i take ONE BIG HIT from a blunt or a big bowl, i might get a slight buzz. to get high, i would have to take about 6 - 8 good rips from a blunt

20. mjallthetime

mjallthetime New Member

dude one of my friend's also gets a delayed effect...but its like 30 min. I get high in about 5 to 10 minutes after smoking and peak at about 20 min.