How long does Marijuana REALLY stay in your system?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Tetrishead, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Tetrishead

Tetrishead New Member

I know they say 30 days or so depending on how much you smoke, but I heard that that's not true. That it doesn't really stay in your system that long if you exercise and is healthy.
    What have you heard and what do you think is true??? :)
  2. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

Tetrishead - Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information on this topic on here, particularly in the section on drug testing. That might be a good place to start looking for answers to your question. There are 100s of post by people who comment on how long it took them to pass an at home test. Or who failed a pre-employment test.

30 days seems to be the general guideline, but it is still relative to the individuals metabolism, and how frequently or infrequently they smoke. And probably a few other factors that are not coming to mind at this point.

Lots of info on this site, but they always say or I've heard that's not true, won't get you as far as a little honest research on your own.
    2 people like this.
  3. Phenom

Phenom Banned

It depends on weight because the metabolites of cannabinoids are stored in fat and slowly released into the system and excreted via urine. Now if you are healthy, exercise regularly, and don't smoke too often, you could test negative within 5-10 days. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy.
  4. Kranter

Kranter Above the Ignorance

Like phenom said, how much fat you have plays a role in it. Excercise does help.
  5. Teleo9

Teleo9 New Member

The truth is it's rare to test positive after 30 days. If you're relatively thin and are physically active, even if you smoke everyday I could see marijuana getting out of your system in less than 10 days.
  6. SmokenJoke

SmokenJoke New Member

For a person that is fairly skinny and would not call themselves fat, I heard each time smoking stacks on about 4 days of THC over 50mg\l which is the cutoff for most drug tests. Plans it can be less if u increase ur metabolism by exercising or using niacin.
  7. Hamisha

Hamisha New Member

Smoking is very dangerous for the health. It damage the lungs. Smoking causes heart cancer. So people who do smoke please avoid smoking and quite this bad habit.