How long will real urine last UNREfrigerated?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by HEAVYMETALPOTHEAD, May 6, 2008.

1. HEAVYMETALPOTHEAD

HEAVYMETALPOTHEAD New Member

I have some piss my friend gave 24 hours ago, that is unrefrigerated. I have a drug test anout 18 hours from now. DO i need to put this in the fridge, and then warm it up tomorrow after I take it out? I will have to drive 6 hours with the urine tomorrow, after I take it out.

Also, I have a bottle of synthetic urine, but would like to save that for when I don't have real urine. So am I screwed with the real urine? Did I leave it out too long, and should I refrigerate it?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It's already too far gone to pass the validity checks when you sub. It shouldn't be at room temperature for more than 8 - 10 hours.
  3. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

So if I kept my QuickFIx 4.0 warm for more than 8 hours (practicing) then it will not pass?
  4. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

It will be fine. Sustained warmth will not affect the QF. You just need to make sure that the QF bottle wont be exposed to direct sunlight.
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

QF 4.0 is not human urine. It doesn't deteriorate at room temperature.
  6. MonarchX

MonarchX New Member

I just subbed and the sample was taken at 94 degrees. My biggest concern is that the bottle was semi-exposed to sunlight for 5 minutes (at a window, but there was little light outside) and then for several seconds in a car. 99.9% of the time it was in a dark closed place though. I so hope I passed!