How many days till I am clean

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by TeamCaptain, Apr 20, 2012.

1. TeamCaptain

TeamCaptain New Member

I smoked almost every day since January. I did 1-3 bowl packs each day. On weekends maybe .5-2 grams but those sessions I had like 2-5 friends with me so I did not smoke everything. I plan on smoking for my last time this weekend since my parents might be making me get a job this summer.

How many days will it take about to clear my system? Also will places like Safeyway, Giant, Target or other places college kids get summer jobs drug test you? If they do is it usually a saliva test, Urine test, or hair test?
  2. ladybirdj

ladybirdj New Member

Give yourself at least a month Target I know does test but it would probably be easy to pass with substitution.
  3. DataJ

DataJ New Member

I am 74 days clean and am still nervous about my first void being clean.. The 30 day rule is a myth.. it is just a general rule of thumb,, 30 days for light to moderate users in most cases (maybe 55%).. IE a couple of times a week. If you used daily and multiple sessions a day with higher grade bud then you should giver yourself 3 months to detox. During those three months excercise and eat healthy.
  4. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

The time it takes to get clean varies from person to person. I've heard of daily smokers being able to get clean in as little as 3 days but that is EXTREMELY rare. As DataJ said the general rule of thumb is about 30-days but it can be much longer depending on many factors. These factors include but aren't limited to body weight/fat, metabolism, smoking habit, etc.

What I would do is buy some home test kits. If your only worry is weed than you can get 1-panel tests just for THC which are fairly cheap online. However, if you are worried that your parents might find the box or something than you'll have to go to CVS, Walgreens, etc to buy some. Start testing your first void of the day after maybe 10 days to 2 weeks.

There are some general tips which can help you clean your system out more quickly. Some of these are working out, drinking plenty of fluids, getting fiber in your diet (if you can't get it through food Metamucil is a good way to supplement this), and take some niacin. Two days before you end up having to take the test you'll want to be a lazy bum and eat total crap to add a layer of new fat that doesn't have any THC in it.

As far as jobs that drug test, when you are filling out your application the majority of them will say "you will be asked to take a drug test" or they won't. If it doesn't mention one on the application than there is a good chance that they will not test you. If I remember right there was a link somewhere on this website that has a list of companies that do not drug test. For example I know that Subway doesn't drug test. If you wouldn't mind working for a fast food place or restaurant I am pretty sure most of them don't drug test. I know that Target drug tests because I've had a few friends that have worked there but I'm not sure about Safeway and I don't even have any Giants where I live. Unfortunately, most of the larger companies these days drug test as a way to cover their ass basically.

Oh and as far as the usual drug testing method the vast majority of them use urine testing. I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that hair testing is somewhat expensive so it isn't very commonly used. As far as saliva/mouth tests go I think that is used mostly for random testing on the job and what not but again I'm not 100% certain on that.

No matter what the case the sooner you stop the sooner you'll be clean and once you get the job after passing the test you can go back to smoking again since most jobs don't test you beyond the pre-employment screening. If they do random testing you'll be told anyways.

Hope this helps.