how many dimes in an ounce...

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by herbaliser, Aug 30, 2002.

1. dre1136

dre1136 New Member

So from reading all the posts it seems the only standard to measure against is a 1/4 and a 1/2 of an ounce the rest 5$ 10$ you can go on by sight (which I do) right?:)

2. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

I know people sell eighths, particularly of better quality stuff. I've never seen anything sold below that by weight.

3. ::blazed jae::

::blazed jae:: Sr. Member

it's tough to say how many dimes are in an ounce because buying dimes is one of the most inefficient ways of buying weed (unless you can make a miniscule amount of weed last for at least 3 days)

anyway...

dime=$10

schwag dime = 1.5 g
    mids dime = 1 g
    kb dime = a little over half a gram (.5 if it's the best ****)

(28 grams/oz) so...
    28/1.5 = 19 dimes of schwag in an ounce
    28/1 = 28 dimes of mids in an ounce
    28/.5 = 56 dimes of kb in an ounce

(for newbies)
    19, 28, 56...these are very large numbers when it comes to selling that many people a dime sack each... that's why people don't like to sell small amounts

4. Funkbot

Funkbot New Member

Canadian Drug Info

I'll break it down for everyone. Around here in Ontario Canada all this stuff below is what I pay. Lol - Only dealers buy qps...

Nickel - $5.00 - 0.5 Gram
    Dime - $10.00 - 1.0 Gram
    Twin - $20.00 - 2.0 Grams
    Half Quarter - $40.00 - 4.0 Grams
    Quarter - $80.00 - 8.5 Grams
    Half Ounce - $130.00 - 14.00 Grams
    Ounce - $240.00 - 28.00 Grams

Yep, it's expensive... But it gets cheaper with higher quantities. Also, most dealers won't deal unless you buy a twin or up. Also, the skunk is the same price as the **** weed, just how it goes...

5. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

That's the only quarter I've ever seen that wasn't 7 grams.

6. Funkbot

Funkbot New Member

Yeah

dunno its kinda wierd here.... like a quarter doesnt even mean 1/4 ounce cause most dealers around here gotta give more weed when prices get better.... i guess everywhere its different.

7. bongwater

bongwater New Member

$240 an ounce wow..some guy in my science class paid $50 for an ounce..well either $50 for an ounce or a half ounce. either way its much cheaper, but then agian this is BC

8. Funkbot

Funkbot New Member

bud prices suck

yeah and technically thats cheap....

9. YetiManY3K

YetiManY3K New Member

Well I always go by this rule of thumb. If you are buying indoor, an eigth SHOULD have 9-12 bowls, depending on how dense/wet the bud is. So from there a dime consists of about 2 bowls, 1/8 = about 4-5 dimes. 4-5 dimes in 1/8, 8 eigths in an ounce, about 35-40 dimes in an ounce. Yup.

10. Los237

Los237 New Member

it just depends on where you live at where I am you get 28 dimes in A ounce of Laa and 56 for haze

Ounce cost $150 here

11. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

UrbanDictionary.com:

"Nickel (noun) - A $5 amount of marijuana."

The terms "dime" and "nickel" differ from terms like "quarter" because the first two terms deal with a static PRICE ($5 or $10) and dynamic (changing) amount of weed (some people can get 1g for $10 while others can only get .5g for $10) while a quarter deals with a static AMOUNT (7 g every day of the year) and a dynamic price (some people pay $50, some pay $100, either way they still get 7 g of weed).

12. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

Where were all of you guys when I needed you?;)

13. Maverick009

Maverick009 New Member

Gold, What is shwag?
    or anyone else who can answer feel free to jump in.

14. Maverick009

Maverick009 New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me what "shwag" is, Im not familiar w/ most terms as I am new to this stuff.

15. kiLLa nuGGz

kiLLa nuGGz New Member

an ounce down here is around 200. Its about 40 dimes.

16. WeedMonster

WeedMonster New Member

newbs

28 g = ounce

1 g = dime

28 DEVIDED BY 1 is 28.. hence 28 dimes

17. How the hell is this thread still going! It is such an easy question and answer!!

18. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

Except that 1 gram is not necessarily one dime. If you read the thread, you'll see arguments for a dime equalling A) 10 dollars, B) 1/10 of an ounce (or 2.8 grams), C) 1/40 of an ounce or 5 dollars, depending on how you want to read that post, and now D)you claim it equals 1 gram.

So I would claim that the prevailing opinion is that it is $10 of weed, however, this definition may vary by locale. I don't see a good reason to call a gram a dime when you could simply call it a gram.

(And the thread lives on!)

19. kiLLa nuGGz

kiLLa nuGGz New Member

1 gram=$15
    1 dime(.7)=$10

half quad=approx. 5 dimes (3.5)
    quad=approx. 10 dimes
    half o=approx. 20 dimes
    ounce=approx. 40 dimes

Thats how its always been here in toronto (for me anyway)...

20. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

Just break it down into quarters. :D