how many dimes in an ounce...

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by herbaliser, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse New Member

"Shwag" is POOP WEED. It's the stuff that you get and think to yourself, "Man, I wish I had some good weed..."
  2. gwhizzz

gwhizzz New Member

In the 70's . We all used one finger (a nickel) 2 fingers (a dime) three fingers( a lid) four fingers (an ounce) a nickel bag was 1/4 oz, a dime 1/2 a lid 3/4 and so on. homegrown was 20 bucks an ounce, thus making a dime bag 10 and nickel 5 bucks. Columbian was $40 per oz. A nickel $10 and dime $20. By the time I graduated college, the good stuff was $200 per oz. A dime bag was $100.

Now days kids buy a dime bag for $10 and only get a gram or 2.Barely a joint.
  3. kris23

kris23 New Member

I had hydro this past weekend, and it was amazing man. The high was great
  4. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Well their should be 28 dimes in an ounce, if you mean a gram by a dime.
  5. toking_gangster

toking_gangster New Member

10 a g for dro
    10 for 1.5g of mids
    10 for 2g+ of shwag
    but that's here.....

do the math
  6. LegendaryWeedsmoker

LegendaryWeedsmoker New Member

dime = 1.75 grams :hop:
  7. Phenom

Phenom Banned

Well a dime is 10 cents, and theres 10 dimes in a dollar. Ounces usually cost around 350-400, so anywhere from 35,000-40,000 dimes.
    Hope I cleared things up.
  8. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Phenom....
    What the fuck......:eek: 35,000 X 10 equals 350,000 dollars......:rolleyes:

Uh, no..........:toocool:

Ded.........:nono:
  9. Phenom

Phenom Banned

No 10 X 10 X 350 = 35,000 I think, I'm high and math + high = WTF
  10. hazepuffnsu

hazepuffnsu New Member

Around here a dime gets you about 2 full blunts sometimes 3.
    Usually beaster(mix of mid/high headies)
    And that at costs is only $10 so judging by the responses I've seen posted it all depends on where you live and how hot the heat is:bong2:
  11. Qnbtch

Qnbtch New Member

12. Qnbtch

Qnbtch New Member

Marijuana and math definitely don't mix. 1 oz = 28 grams. So 1/10th of an oz is .28g So according to that formula there are 10 dimes in an oz. But if a dime is in reference to the amount u pay $10 then it depends on how much the oz is in $. ie oz =$100 $10 bag is= 2.8g. The answer to ur question is it depends on whether ur buying dro or reggie. Dro = 1/10th or .28g reggie =2.8g It is all relative back in the day dro was just really good weed and fingers were the unit of measure.
  13. Qnbtch

Qnbtch New Member

Marijuana and math definitely don't mix. 1 oz = 28 grams. So 1/10th of an oz is .28g So according to that formula there are 10 dimes in an oz. But if a dime is in reference to the amount u pay $10 then it depends on how much the oz is in $. ie oz =$100 $10 bag is= 2.8g. The answer to ur question is it depends on whether ur buying dro or reggie. Dro = 1/10th or .28g reggie =2.8g It is all relative back in the day dro was just really good weed and fingers were the unit of measure
  14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Cranched Scanner

1/10th of an ounce isn't EVER .28g.
    1/10th of an ounce will always be 2.8g

I don't know where you got that fraction, and your math makes no sense for a buyer or seller.
    if i buy an ounce of primo for 250$, and then sell .28g for 10$ i would end up making 1000$ off 1 ounce.
    If i were to buy n ounce of shwag for 100$, and sell 2.8g for 10$ i would only make the same 100$ back.
    2 people like this.
  15. gwhizzz

gwhizzz New Member

In the 70*s when weed sold for 20 an ounce, a dime was a half ounce, a nickel a quarter ounce and a lid 3/4 ounce.
    The stuff costs more now and a dime bag can be of any size any weight as long as it is 10 dollars worth.
  16. JONNY ROTTEN

JONNY ROTTEN New Member

Just to help out here .....
    1 ounce = 28.34 grams
    1/2 ounce = 14.174 grams
    1/4 ounce = 7.087 grams
    1/8 ounce = 3.543 grams
    1/10 ounce = 2.84 grams
    As for prices.....they are all over the place depending on quality and availability.