How many grams to a joint & a few other questions.

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Sliquid, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Sliquid

Sliquid Guest

I've never really had to worry about this before, but I wanna buy some stuff for myself, and was wondering roughly how many grams I would need to buy to roll about 4 joints.

Or just how many joints I can roll, per gram.

Since I don't smoke it THAT often, and I'm relatively new to it, it takes me around 3 joints to get a light high, and a 4th to get me stoned, on medium strength bud.

Also, exactly what are the differences between all these different types of Marijuana?

And also, how can I tell if I've been sold something laced, without smoking it? I'm very cautious, and do not want to find myself tripping out, because a dealer laced my weed with Acid, or PCP or something.

- Sliquid

2. TokeyMcBongHit

TokeyMcBongHit New Member

3 joints to get a light high?

dude either your smoking toothpick sized joints or you aren't inhaling right... it's not like smoking tobacco in case you don't know: inhale till you think you'll cough if you inhale more and hold it in for like eight seconds

the differences between the strengths of marijuana are pretty self explanatory: you need to smoke more low grade marijuana to get the same effect as high grade marijuana, and low grades have worse side effects

you can tell if somethings been laced by if you see colorful dogs sitting on floating strawberries after smoking it. unless the weed doesn't look or smell normal, there's really no way to tell.

3. Sliquid

Sliquid Guest

The joints were standard cones, and it was medium strength bud.
    I don't get high often, so it usually takes me a lot to get high.
    I was inhaling properly, pretty much just as you said, as I don't smoke cigarettes or tobacco anyway.

Anyway, can someone please answer my first question of how many grams I'd need to purchase for about 4 joints worth?

- Sliquid

4. Sliquid

Sliquid Guest

Also, I meant the different types, not different strengths.
    Like, what are the different types, and what's the difference between them. (E.G. Purple Haze, G13, etc...)

Also, how can I tell how good some pot is, without smoking it first, is that possible?

- Sliquid

5. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

How about this,Sliquid...

How much pot do you put in one joint?A jay can be as big around
    as a toothpick or as large as a blunt like cigar.

A normal size joint to me is about as big as a pencil,so I get about two joints out of a gram.If you roll one that size you will need about two gram's.;)

It all depends on how much you need to get a buzz,too.If you have to smoke four joints to get stoned,maybe you need to get some good green semsimilla to get stoned on a few hits instead a few joint's...:D

As far as the difference in bud,the sativa strain is a light,get up and do thing's kind of buzz.It can be very strong,but is usually known for it's intellectual effect,the thinking man's buzz.:p

Indica is the second strain of marijuana,but could be considered
    to be on the opposite side of the spectrum.A good strain of indica will have the physical effect's that the sativa doesn't always have.
    Couchlock could be the best way to describe the buzz.

:) Can you tell how good a buzz herb will have before you smoke it?Of course the sense of smell will trigger a memory in your head,
    therefore the smell of a pungent sack will trigger a memory of a sack that you have owned in the past,and it could trigger a memory of that other sack so you could make a pre-supposition
    about the effect's of a certain herb,but the only way to tell for sure is by smokink it. :cool:

I also think that you need to smoke a quarter sack before you can tell the full bouquet of any particular herb!

2 people like this.
  6. Hydrocronics

Hydrocronics New Member

Well, hello there friends.
    hah im stoned, hmm

well
    out of a gram you should be able to get 3 mid-sized/2 good sized one paper joints.
    Out of 5 grams, probably 5-6 good sized joints.
    It could be more too, but not really less than that.

Here's an older description of good bud from an old thread.

Dank: when looked at in sunlight, very crystally. many hairs, often orange, sometimes red or white-ish...some buds may have a blue or purple colouring to them (such as Blueberry or Purple Haze, very good strains.) Make sure you get your weed as dry as possible...this way it doesnt decrease your gram count if your wet buds/nugs dry out...the dryer it is, the bigger looking the amount you buy should be...(the dry weights less than the wet, of course) Some will have so many crystals that your hands will become covered in them or sticky after handling it. The fewer the leaves on the buds you buy, the better. They are less potent than the crystally, hairy buds. They may have crystals clinging to them though, and I wouldnt just throw them away. If it has no seeds, it is better. Seedless marijuana is referred to as sensemilla (meaning without seeds.) The seeds absorb THC, making the marijuana less potent. And no one likes having to take all the seeds out of their weed, especially if they are undeveloped. Pain in the @$$.
    Dank bud should smell very strong. The smell will vary, and could smell skunkish, (Skunk is a very well know strain, which has been cross bred with others a seemingly limitless number of times over the years) citrus-ey, some even seems to smell relatively similar to body odour. A strong smell is usually a good sign...although sometimes it may smell weak and be very potent.
    Potency may depend on how old it is, at what stage it was harvested from the plant. The best way to tell is to try it out. If it makes you hack, gets the paper very resinous (brown) and tastes very good/strong when smoked, that is leaning more towards the weed being dank. But you probably know this...
    I'm stoned and wanting to share knowledge...and someone who reads this wondering the same thing as the original poster may NOT know this.
    Dank may also be called cronic or kindbud (KB) by some.

Schwag/Trife/Sh*tty Bud: Many seeds, stems, few hairs, few/no crystals, weak smell, sh*tty taste when smoked.

As far as the difference in marijuana's go, well here:

Cannabis Sativa - Mind High. Sativa plants are 8-12' in height, have long, slender leaves, and typically harvest slower than Indica.
    Cannabis Indica - Body Stone. Indica plants are around 4½-6 feet tall, have shorter, broader leaves and harvest faster, as mentioned above.
    Hybrid of Indica/Sativa - Combination of effects/characteristics.
    Just incase you were wondering. =\

Every strain of Cannabis is classified under either Cannabis Indica, or Cannabis Sativa.

Purple Haze, being 100% Sativa, would give a real mind high/trippy things.
    Skunk however, being 100% Indica, would give numbing effects/body stone-ness. Most medical marijuana patients are best to use Indica strains for its body numbing effects, thus reducing physical pain.

Some examples of Indica: Skunk, Afghani, Northern Lights, Purple Indica, etc.

Some examples of Sativa: Purple Haze, Durban Poison, Thai, Voodoo, etc.

Hybrids: Dutch Treat, Kush, Maui, Shaman, etc.

For a lot of information on specific strains, you can visit seed bank websites like this one:
    http://www.cannagenetics.com/

Hope I was of some assistance.

Welcome to marijuana.com

Peace.
    Goin to smoke a phat bowl in my hookah.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

4 people like this.
  7. ikari

ikari Seasoned Activist

Those must be really small joints.

1 of our joints gets about 3-4 people very stoned, and usually take about 10-20 minutes to smoke.

Smaller joints can get 1-2 people high, and are obviously smaller... but i mean... i can honostly say that it's rare that i smoke a joint and not get pretty stoned.

8. Hydrocronics

Hydrocronics New Member

Well, hello there friends.
    hah im stoned, hmm

well
    out of a gram you should be able to get 3 mid-sized/2 good sized one paper joints.
    Out of 5 grams, probably 5-6 good sized joints.
    It could be more too, but not really less than that.

Here's an older description of good bud from an old thread.

Dank: when looked at in sunlight, very crystally. many hairs, often orange, sometimes red or white-ish...some buds may have a blue or purple colouring to them (such as Blueberry or Purple Haze, very good strains.) Make sure you get your weed as dry as possible...this way it doesnt decrease your gram count if your wet buds/nugs dry out...the dryer it is, the bigger looking the amount you buy should be...(the dry weights less than the wet, of course) Some will have so many crystals that your hands will become covered in them or sticky after handling it. The fewer the leaves on the buds you buy, the better. They are less potent than the crystally, hairy buds. They may have crystals clinging to them though, and I wouldnt just throw them away. If it has no seeds, it is better. Seedless marijuana is referred to as sensemilla (meaning without seeds.) The seeds absorb THC, making the marijuana less potent. And no one likes having to take all the seeds out of their weed, especially if they are undeveloped. Pain in the @$$.
    Dank bud should smell very strong. The smell will vary, and could smell skunkish, (Skunk is a very well know strain, which has been cross bred with others a seemingly limitless number of times over the years) citrus-ey, some even seems to smell relatively similar to body odour. A strong smell is usually a good sign...although sometimes it may smell weak and be very potent.
    Potency may depend on how old it is, at what stage it was harvested from the plant. The best way to tell is to try it out. If it makes you hack, gets the paper very resinous (brown) and tastes very good/strong when smoked, that is leaning more towards the weed being dank. But you probably know this...
    I'm stoned and wanting to share knowledge...and someone who reads this wondering the same thing as the original poster may NOT know this.
    Dank may also be called cronic or kindbud (KB) by some.

Schwag/Trife/Sh*tty Bud: Many seeds, stems, few hairs, few/no crystals, weak smell, sh*tty taste when smoked.

As far as the difference in marijuana's go, well here:

Cannabis Sativa - Mind High. Sativa plants are 8-12' in height, have long, slender leaves, and typically harvest slower than Indica.
    Cannabis Indica - Body Stone. Indica plants are around 4½-6 feet tall, have shorter, broader leaves and harvest faster, as mentioned above.
    Hybrid of Indica/Sativa - Combination of effects/characteristics.
    Just incase you were wondering. =\

Every strain of Cannabis is classified under either Cannabis Indica, or Cannabis Sativa.

Purple Haze, being 100% Sativa, would give a real mind high/trippy things.
    Skunk however, being 100% Indica, would give numbing effects/body stone-ness. Most medical marijuana patients are best to use Indica strains for its body numbing effects, thus reducing physical pain.

Some examples of Indica: Skunk, Afghani, Northern Lights, Purple Indica, etc.

Some examples of Sativa: Purple Haze, Durban Poison, Thai, Voodoo, etc.

Hybrids: Dutch Treat, Kush, Maui, Shaman, etc.

For a lot of information on specific strains, you can visit seed bank websites like this one:
    http://www.cannagenetics.com/

I fear many people around the world get simply no-name pot, which is usually just some unknown hybrid, genetic "mutt weed" if you will.
    It's uncommon for many areas to actually know what kind of marijuana they are smoking, unless they have large growers or people who order from seed banks.
    This is sad but true.
    Just as long as the weed is amazing, who cares what it's name is.
    A lot of dealers will put a name to something to make it seem more appealing, or so raise the price.
    If it looks like my description of Dank above, you're getting good bud.

Hope I was of some assistance.

Welcome to marijuana.com

Peace.
    Goin to smoke a phat bowl in my hookah.
    Nice n' stoned.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

9. Hydrocronics

Hydrocronics New Member

Argh!
    I'm one of them damned "DOUBLE POSTERS."
    bah.

10. hey hyrdro chronics. maybe u an tell me what type of high hydro gives? when i smoke it it usually seems like a mind high but i never can tell because i also get the numbness buzing feeling. maybe good weed grown hydroponically makes the weed a hybrid?

i dunno lol but it never on one end its always in the middle of the type of high spectrum :confused:

11. Hydrocronics

Hydrocronics New Member

Taken from an earlier post:

Hydro is a growing medium, not a strain or type of plant.
    A seed is a seed...where hydro and soil come into play is the result of the buds you grow. Hydroponics is much more efficient at growing marijuana and it is much more potent than outdoor, or indoor soil...depending of course on the grower.
    Someone who knows what they are doing could of course out-grow someone using a hydro system if the hydro guy did not possess as much knowledge and tend to his plants as well as the soil grower. So really, it of course comes down to experience.
    A seed is a seed, until it is planted. There are no pre-designated seeds for hydroponic growing, or soil growing. The owner chooses which system they wish to use to grow.
    Different strains have different potency, and if the same person is growing different strains under the exact same conditions, you will of course notice one is stronger than the other. The seeds however, do not become "more potent" simply because they were taken off of hydroponically grown plants. They will be equally as potent as the previous batch of seeds.

So...the strain of marijuana is what makes the high vary, as well as the potency of the marijuana (potency will increase effects of that strain, or they will not be as prevalent if the marijuana is not as potent.)
    understand?

Hope I left no loose ends or questions...I'm tired/stoned.

Peace.

12. schwadood

schwadood Keeper of the Time

hey man, ifyou don't get stoned that often it should take you less to get high, not more, because your tolerance is lower. when haven't smoked ina few days, it takes me about half a bowl to get stoned, when my tolerance is up, it takes me more like a whole bowl to get high. another factor is the number of people your smoking with, if your smoking with a lot of people of course its gonna take more. but if your smoking a middies, one doobie should get you high if you''re by yourself.

13. Hydrocronics

Hydrocronics New Member

Yes, you should read some threads on inhaling techniques.
    To make sure you are properly smoking.

14. [ALiAS]

[ALiAS] New Member

With a gram I usually roll 3-5 joints. These arent really fat cannons but not little pinners either. I think 4 joints per gram is pretty average

15. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

Just to echo what's been said... if you don't smoke that much it will take LESS to get you high, not more... If you rarely smoke one gram of even low grade MJ should be plenty enough to get you decently baked.

I think you'd do yourself a favor to make sure you're inhaling properly, especially if you don't smoke cigs.. how do you know you're doing it right? Cheaper to make sure you're doing it properly. Well, good luck with that.

16. Sliquid

Sliquid Guest

Well, I tried one of the inhaling techniques, and I got high in like.. 3 hits of a joint. LOL :|

I didn't enjoy the high though. Was a body high. Didn't like it at all.

- Sliquid

17. I have some tips for you as far as inhaling. If you can stomach it, most of my friends can't, I actually swallow the smoke, and i continue to swallow for a few times, so I don't even need a spoof, I actually ingest all of the smoke and nothing, or little to nothing, comes out when I exhale. I've had a lot of people tell me that isn't good, but it doesn't make me sick, hasn't for 8 years, and depending on how I want to get high, mind or body, depends on how much I swallow (i sound like a cheap whore!). It will get you much higher much faster, but for some/most people it will also make your stomach upset. Does anybody else have any comments on this, to help this young smoker?
    Happy Tokin'
    Aaron

2 people like this.
  18. schwadood

schwadood Keeper of the Time

not a good idea for a new smoker, or someone that dosen't toke that often. if you can do it, great, but most people won't be able to handle it. i say, go for a bong. its almost impossible to hit a bong incorrectly.

19. That's why I said most people can't do it. I don't know any better, I've always done that, to me doing anythign else is just wasting bud, and I started smoking in 6th grade, so as you can imagine, I couldn't afford much, so we did what we had to in order to get high.

20. martind1202

martind1202 New Member

Joints

I just bought 2 grams today and i rolled one king sized joints with no filters and still had almost .5 of a gram left over. for 4 standard joints you will need about 4 grams and you will have maybe .1 or more leftover, its pretty hard to get all the weed you bought into a joint you will always have leftovers.