How Many Joints In An Ounce? (Approx)

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by simibaby, May 1, 2006.

1. simibaby

simibaby New Member

Just wondering, how many joints should an oz. yield?

Also, if peeps say your weed smells like "Skunk" is that indicative of quality?

Finally, we're paying $215 for a 1/2 oz of strong "skiunk" in New York City. That's real high, isnt it?

Thanks for any feedback! Peace.

2. kb_chronic

kb_chronic New Member

if you roll all 1 gram joints ull have 28 joints...

Skunky, means its good, the stronger the smell the betterr, 215 for a half oz , wow, i pay 125

3. dasmusik

dasmusik New Member

joints can run pretty varying sizes, theoretically you could make a 14 oz joint, but that would be stupid.

as far as pricing, it's all about supply and demand. Skunkiness is not always an indicator of potent weed. It sometimes does not have as much of a smell, but is equally, or more potent.

Also watch out for dealers who leave stems and seeds in, you'll end up getting jipped.

shop around a bit, and see if you can find a lower price.

4. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

A typical joint contains between 0.5 and 0.75 grams. An ounce is 28.35 grams. Do the math... 57 - 38

Price is highly dependent on location. Everything is more expensive in New York City.

A real measure would be "cost per high". If three people can get high on a 0.5 gram joint then the cost per high is only $1.26. Less than a cup of coffee? :D

2 people like this.
  5. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

Moving to uh...Methods I guess :)

6. BlankDeed

BlankDeed New Member

Man, things are really expensive up north. $240 is a half pound for me, $20-25 for a half. And everyones right about the number of joints, you trying to calculate how long it will last you?

7. SBsurferdude

SBsurferdude New Member

that is exactly what i always think about price per high makes it seem less expensive

8. Yoda

Yoda New Member

With me its only about one joint per ounce.

9. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

Ha. That reminds me of that absurdly large joint that Tommy Chong lights up in the car when he first meets Cheech in "Up In Smoke"

10. FreeUpJahCure

FreeUpJahCure New Member

Where im from (NYC) a OZ should roll like 29 joints or blunts. Sometimes when people say your weed smells like skunk that could also just mean the smell is really strong. But your paying $215 for a 1/2 oz. of skunk? Sounds crazy. I know where you can get that cat piss at a much lower price than that.

11. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

Or Let's Make A Dope Deal:

Host: OK, Bob. How many joints are in a lid?

Bob: Two.

Host: TWO?!?!?!

Bob: I roll big joints.

<ding ding ding>

Host: The judges say thats okay!! Sometimes they roll big joints, too!!!

3 people like this.
  12. Xplicit420

Xplicit420 New Member

Whoa, that's expspensive!

Whoa, $215 for a 1/2 oz.. That's expensive as hell! Considering I can get a 1/2 oz of some killer Dro for $80, Full oz for $160.

13. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

That's like asking how many glasses can be poured from a half gallon of milk. It all depends on the size of the glasses. If each joint contains a third of a gram of weed, you could get 85 of them. If each joint contains a gram and a half of weed, you'd get 19 of them. There is no "standard size" for joints. Back in the day when I smoked a lot of joints, I'd get around 40 from an ounce.

Different varieties of marijuana have different smells. A strong skunk smell is often an indication of potency, but not necessarily. The proof is in the toking.

Not really. I've heard of $650/oz weed in NYC, which is probably the most expensive place to buy it. It would probably go for $500 in Denver or $450 in Cleveland. A friend of mine just bought a quarter ounce in Denver for $150. The most I've ever paid was $250 for an ounce, but I've got old friends far up the dealing food chain who give me a break.

14. Zaireeka

Zaireeka New Member

:D

Buzzby, I obviously need to make some friends like yours.