How many years until legalization in all 50 states?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Ianfagerstrom, Feb 10, 2009.

?

How many years until marijuana is legal in 50 states?

1. <1 year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-3 years

3.7%
  3. <5 years

14.8%
  4. <10 years

27.8%
  5. 10 - 20 years

40.7%
  6. NEVEERRRR, bwa ha ha ha (Anslinger's ghost)

13.0%
  1. Ianfagerstrom

Ianfagerstrom New Member

What are you thoughts?
    What do you think will make it happen sooner than later?
    I'm thinking, with some amount of certainty, that we are within 7 years of full legalization.

Obama, if elected again, will be leaving office within a year. The economy needs it. The truth is getting through the sludge, however slowly. Medical marijuana will be significantly more prevalent, and more people will understand the flaw in prohibition of a "medicine".

Your thoughts?

2. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

I'm thinking less than 5 years. By the time Obama is out of office (or done with his first term), marijuana will have seen significant changes in its illegality name-tag.

3. FATHERPARIS

FATHERPARIS Sr. Member

I say 10 - 20 years if it even happens... I wish it could happen tomorrow, or even before this year is over but i doubt it will. :( Obama can only do so much, and I'm not sure if he wants to go down in history as the president who legalized pot. It would only make sense though...

4. leprechaunstoner

leprechaunstoner New Member

Legal in all 50 states within 7 years? I suppose that is possible but I think some of the red states are more likely to secede than to let that happen. I would not be surprised, however, if it is decriminalized according to the federal government and up to each state before it is full on legalized.

Here's another question, will it become decriminalized and/or legal medically before it is legal for recreational use and if so what will be the progression.

2 people like this.
  5. mastanick

mastanick New Member

Probably wont be for a while I would imagine.

6. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I have no idea. I'm not Nostradamus. :p

7. hippie557

hippie557 New Member

I think you'll see a trend around states that have it medically legal for those states to flip on the issue. Complete legalization, though? I could see other drugs becoming legal before marijuana sadly. I hope soon though!

8. rich420

rich420 New Member

I voted 10-20, thats just hoping it will happen, which I still think wont.

9. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

A very long time.

10. Ianfagerstrom

Ianfagerstrom New Member

Optimism is the first step in the right direction.

11. makepeacebehappy

makepeacebehappy New Member

As much as I want it to be sooner, I chose 10-20 years.