How much is a dub?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by samson, Sep 18, 2001.

1. samson

samson Guest

yeah, I just was wonderin how much a dub is, in terms of grams?
    Thanks,
    Peace and One Love
  2. Daniel

Daniel Moderator

a dub?

Never heard of it....

Perhaps a shortening of doobie? Meaning a joint or 1 marijuana cigarette?
  3. bo-battie

bo-battie Senior Member

yeah. that's what he means.
    generally they're 5 bucks.
  4. Daniel

Daniel Moderator

Five bucks?

I can afford that!!!!

Anybody know where I can get a pack of those bad boys? :)

I have yet to see them sold loose. I guess I don't hang out in the right places.

Daniel
  5. bo-battie

bo-battie Senior Member

well, in my area, it's 2 regular joints for 10, or 3 pinners for 10. not all dealers sell buds in joint form, though.
  6. rosado763

rosado763 Guest

here in the midwest a dub is slang for 1/8, so 3.5g or $20 for schwa $50 for nugget. just standard prices more or less depending on your hooks
    rosado
  7. Bailey1138

Bailey1138 Senior Member

$20 for schwa? Are these hookah fans we're talking about?

I live in the midwest, and I've never heard these terms before, a lot of slang is more localized than that, maybe even only to your town, just keep that in mind.
  8. PoTSMoKa

PoTSMoKa New Member

A dub is a $20 bag of swag, here atleast.

(Within 100 miles of DC )
  9. bo-battie

bo-battie Senior Member

wha....that's weird. dub is short for doobie.
  10. Pinner!!!

Hilarious, bo battie! I don't know a lot of people that use that word beside my friend and I. Anyway over in the LBC we say a dub is a gram (20$) of hydroponic buddha. If you got a good connection, a dub might run ya 15$.
  11. Shaman

Shaman Seasoned Activist

Hey, a dub is not a doobie. "Dub" is short for a 20 dollar bill, or a double.

A.K.A. Twamp (also short for 20) Usually "Dub Sacks" are 1 gram, or if you get it on the street, it's a "street gram" or .5 G or less ;-(
  12. bo-battie

bo-battie Senior Member

shaman: maybe a dub is a twenty sack where you live...but here, it's a joint. different places, different slang.
  13. Shaman

Shaman Seasoned Activist

To my knowledge, the term originated in the L.A. hiphop scene, with rappers rapping about getting "dub sacks"
    They're referring to a $20 sack of weed... It's funny to watch how words change with distance...
  14. PsYcHoLoGiCaL

PsYcHoLoGiCaL Seasoned Activist

Heh pinner i use that word, only when you see a joint that is so small that you cant even call it a pinner we call em pinzapas heh.

psychological
  15. Shaman

Shaman Seasoned Activist

lol pinner... heh haven't seen one of those in a while ;-)
    Usually I just call 'em toothpics
  16. LokedOut420

LokedOut420 New Member

I live in Oklahoma, and here, a dub refers to a $20 sack or approximately 5-6 g. Just passin' on what it is here, not trying to say its the only thing it mean.
  17. dank nuggets

dank nuggets New Member

oh, i get it!

$20 for a dub(spelled backwards) that sounds pretty good. ;) do you know what i'm talkin about or what?? $20 for a DUB. a DUB spelled backwards. 20 bones i hope its a big one;) haha more stoner language found.
  18. AndyKaufman

AndyKaufman Guest

Dub to me refers to a 20 sack. As in "rollin dubs" which refers to "20" inch wheels. I dunno, that makes sense to me. But everyone i know uses dub as 4 grams. I would think that the invention of the term was from dub the 20 inch wheel term like 20 bucks, but i dont really know. Im done.
  19. caliskunk1

caliskunk1 New Member

here in the south bay, cali, a dub is a $20 sack of anything, usualy a gram of chronic
  20. a dub here in my part of florida usually refers to 2 twenty sacks