How much should I ask for if I pay $20

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by dabed, Jan 18, 2012.

1. dabed

dabed New Member

My past dealer always gave me a quarter for $20 of some pretty good shit. But now I might have a new dealer, and will be able to buy weed from $20-$50. How much should I ask for? It is pretty good stuff but I don't want to seem like I am a rookie. (which I am)

2. Teleo9

Teleo9 New Member

I'm really confused with what people consider a quarter sometimes. A quarter to me is 1/4th an ounce (7 grams). So $20 for a quarter sounds like a huge loss for any dealer that is giving you 7 grams, no matter where you live. I've also seen this on Pineapple Express where he asks for a quarter and is given what looks like no more than 2 grams.

I usually buy in 8ths (1/8 of an ounce or 3.5 grams). An 8th where I live is about $50-60 (expensive). An 8th will usually last someone who smokes by themselves only once a day about a week or two. I would ask how much an 8th is. If it sounds too expensive, I would go by grams. You can't go wrong when you ask in grams.

People sometimes say, "I want a dime bag." Well, that is basically saying "I want $10 worth of weed." The problem is $10 worth of weed is subjective. You could get half a gram of awesome shit, or 1 gram of crap.

3. dabed

dabed New Member

The reason I got it that low is because he was a close friend, and did not mind. I guess for some pretyt good stuff a gram for $20 sounds pretty reasonable.

4. tokin up

tokin up New Member

Where do you live? Prices vary between areas. Any where from 5-20 per gram is common depending on the quality.

5. dabed

dabed New Member

I am from Colorado.

6. WolfGang Paco

WolfGang Paco Sr. Member

Hmm well I know CL is a huge MJ state.

1-2 grams. $20 a gram (AT MOST) but i'm guessing you can snag $10 g's in Colorado.

7. JakeDaToker

JakeDaToker New Member

As many others have previously stated, it depends on where you live. For the most part, you'd get a dubsack (2 grams) for $20 dollars.
    For better stuff (kush), it could run up to be 20 bucks for 1 gram..

But don't expect every dealer to give you a quarter for 20 bucks (not sure how that even works for the dealer LMAO)

8. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

And if your new, and your options are limited, it is not uncommon to pay premium prices.