How Reliable Is Synthetic?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by GreenMonster, Nov 5, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Good day all,

I just took my preemployment urine test today. I used the substitution method using 'Dr. John's Famous pee-pee' from The Urinator website.

Now that I am already freaking out (after just 5 hours) having to wait for the results - which should come Wednesday of NEXT week - I wanted to ask HOW RELIABLE IS SYNTHETIC URINE??

It would ease my mind if I knew that it is very relaible. Or should I start looking through the Sunday classifieds to start the job searching again and be prepared for them telling me it's not real urine?

I took a non-regulated 5 part (9 panel) urine test done by MedTox Labs. The substitution worked like a charm. Full cup and it was 97 degrees when the lab tech took it.

Why am I so nervous? Because there is a box that can be checked by the MRO on the form they used (which I have a copy of) that says: "SUBSTITUTED (Refusal To Test)". What are the chances that they will catch that it is synthetic and check that box. Thus, shattering my career dreams in the process?

Thanks for the feedback.
    GreenMonster
  2. hillbilly420

hillbilly420 New Member

you passed the only thing you have to worry about is the temp when your using synthetic urin and they would have told you right then and there if there was something wrong. I think you can be anywhere from 91-99 and be ok so your in the clear, congradulations =-)
  3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

96 Degrees

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

The Lab Tech observed the temp at 96 and marked the 'Yes' box next to: "Does the temperature read between 90* and 100*?"

Just in case anyone was wondering: I used a 2oz travel shampoo bottle - filled to the max - using the crotch-carry method. Three pairs of briefs, a set of tight biking shorts over the briefs, and a pair of tight jeans over it all. I also used my car's electronic seat warmer during the drive, kept my hand to my crotch to insulate while driving, and kept my legs tightly crossed at the lab office as much as possible while waiting. It also helped that it was almost 90 degrees outside. Boom, 96 degrees in the cup.

On all of my dry runs before hand, I just used two pairs of briefs and some looser jeans. Still I got a 94.9 degree reading after carrying it for 6 hours.

Does everyone else agree/disagree with hillbilly420's assessment?

And why would they have that "substitute" box on the form if they can't catch synthetic?

Thanks,
    GreenMonster
  4. S2

S2 Just another bonehead

someone could have dropped the bottle or otherwise been exposed as bringing in a substitute. NO reports of synthetic being detected on basic screen that I ahve encountered.
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Thanks again!

Wonderful! Thanks S2!

Between you and Hillbilly420, I am a TON more confident than I was on test day.

Could you please leave this thread open until next weekend so I can post the results? I'm sure - now - that the result will be a negative. But if it's not, everyone should know!

Thanks again - and if anyone else wants to weigh in with a response, I'm all ears.
  6. hillbilly420

hillbilly420 New Member

Remeber not to call, seems pretty stupid but a lot of people do it. You will only get a call if you fail so a no call is a good sign.
  7. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

TimeFrame

HB420 -

How many days usually until one might receive that dreaded "YOU SUB'D, YOU FAILED, YOU SUCK" phone call?

I'd imagine it differs, but (knock on wood) no call came today, and I took it at 4:30pm on Friday.

One day down! :rolleyes:
  8. melanotaenia

melanotaenia Seasoned Activist

It does differ, but most companies are pretty on top of things, so 2-3 business days is a good rule of thumb; depending on whether or not they test it here or send it out to be tested will also determine how long it takes; it could take up to a week.

Patience, at this point, is your best friend
  9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Day Two - No Call

Just an update...

Business day #2 (since my test last Friday) has come and gone WITHOUT a "You sub'd, you failed, you suck" phone call from the lab or my prospective employer.

Knock on wood.

I have a couple of fingernails left, which I saving to chew on for the next couple of days. Come on synthetic! Don't let me down! :rolleyes:
  10. melanotaenia

If they were to "catch you" so to speak, subbing, I would think they would have called you by now, since if they catch you, they aren't going to test the sample, they are going to trash it and call it a failed result.

But keep us posted, and good luck
  11. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Still Concerned

Actually, I'm not worried about them catching the sub - that went silky smooth. I'm more concerned they will catch that it is a synthetic (even though I followed the instructions verbatim) and fail me.

Just going to hold my breath and turn blue until Friday ---> :laugh:
  12. S2

S2 Just another bonehead

FWIW Usually its the employer who calls and they rarely tell you if you pass or fail. They just change their mind and tell you you just weren't the right person for the job after all. the lab almost never calls on a pre-emp test-- you are not the client, the employer is
  13. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Day 3 - No 'Failed' Call Yet

That's what I am anxious about. Does a lab call the client (employer) right way and tell them, or do they rely on sending the answer through snail mail.

If they call my prospective employer with a "the sample was sub'd with a synthetic" answer, I would've expected a call from my employer already. ::Test was Friday afternoon - this being the 3rd full business day::

Or, if the labs just send them the paperwork via mail, I could be looking at extra time before my prospective employer found out.

Does anyone know if a lab usually CALLS the employer with a 'failed' or 'refused to test sample' result - or do they not have the obligation to do so - and just mail it instead?

THREE business days down - and still holding my breath! :rolleyes:
  14. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Day 4 - No Call

So far, so good.

Business day #4 has come and gone without a phone call from my prospective employer. Tomorrow is the last day that I am sweating it. It will be a full week at the end of the day on Friday. I start on Monday. If I make it until then - I will have the answer to this thread!

Hopefully not jinxing myself - it looks as though the substitution method with synthetic urine is a HOME RUN. Knock on wood. :rolleyes:

Time to go smoke my hookah and relax until I can be into the GREEN again.
  15. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Day 5 - No Call!

WOOHOO!

FIVE full business days and no call from my prospective employer! I start on Monday - but I think I would've received my 'bad' phone call by now, no?

So, I guess (barring some kind of unforseen disaster) the answer is that synthetic urine IS RELIABLE!

Thanks to everyone who helped build up my confidence during the LONG wait!
  16. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Business Day #6 - No Call Still!

Ok, now the sixth full business day has passed (10 days overall) and I haven't received the dreaded 'bad' phone call from my NEW employer. I say NEW, because I started today - without a hitch! The lab that tested my sample - MEDTOX® Labs - says on their website that positive results (which take the longest) are available within 48 hours from the time they receive the sample and negatives take 24 hours. So, even if they sent my sample to the lab in Minnesota via snail-mail (test was 11/5), it would've arrived by 11/12 last week. At ABSOLUTE WORST (being refused because of synthetic urine detection), my employer would know by the end of the day 11/16. However, they had explained that they don't start an employee until the background check/drug screening checks out - so CHECK ME OUT! :laugh:

I think if I DON'T get fired by the end of the day tomorrow (my second official day), I can call it a HUGE SUCCESS using synthetic urine.

Folks, USE THE INFO YOU GET FROM THESE FORUMS (especially from the Mods)!! I wouldn't have found synthetic urine, been able to succeed at substitution, or made it through the past 10 days - SANE - if it weren't for Marijuana.com! And no, I don't work for them :)

I'm just another SATISFIED member of the SUB CLUB and TEAM SYNTHETIC!
  17. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

Niice to hear Green Monster. I'd say you are pretty much 100% safe by now considering you started. Enjoy the new job the best you can.
  18. melanotaenia

I would still wait until your first paycheck before you smoke just to be safe. But you should be, in all likelihood, fine ;)

Thanks for the kind words about our Marijuana.com forums as well
  19. DetoxDoctor

DetoxDoctor New Member

It is maybe a 50/50 chance that you will pass. But if they check the creatinine (not creatine) level or the specific gravity you are hosed. Water will have absolutely no creatinine and no specific gravity. This pertains to the freeze dried power synthetic urine. I have yet to see a liquid synthetic urine. There needs to be at least 60ml worth of liquid to be considered acceptable for testing.
  20. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Woohoo!

Ok all - Just got the first paycheck! WOOHOO! :cool:

It was three full weeks on Friday since my test day. Ahhh... now I am back to being the GREEN MONSTER!

DrD - It was liquid synthetic from the Urinator website. It has been mixed to pass SG, pH, IGG, and Creatinine testing. Seemed to work well for me.