How to End Cannabis Prohibition : With Guest - Howard J. Wooldridge of L.E.A.P.

Discussion in 'Legalization/Decriminalization' started by Pompo, Mar 14, 2009.

1. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

ALL letters are handled by staff. the answers are standard. The only way to speak to a politician is to make an appointment (for state guys)....for fed politicians or a governor...go to a town hall meeting and be first in line at the microphone

3 people like this.
  2. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

BTW, emails are now almost as good as letters that go USPS.

2 people like this.
  3. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

Welcome Howie!

My question is, do you think that with the recent lift on DEA raids, non medical marijuana states will start to open their doors to the idea of medical marijuana, and do you foresee current medical marijuana states adopting a dispensing program like California?

4. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

5. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

toothfairy - YES, more states are more likely to pass and sign MMJ bills because the last big nasty out there was the feds would bust the patients.

I think few states will go the CA route any time soon. The image of people allowed to use MMJ because they wear high heels and that causes foot pain is engrained and many don't like it. That said, if we go into a Depression, all MJ prohibition is over 1-2 years after we hit 18% unemployment. The States will want the tax money.

4 people like this.
  6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Marijuana prohibition may not profit the government as a whole, but it certainly allocates a great deal of tax money to government bureaucracies that implement it. Bureaucracies have a way of becoming almost living entities: they want to grow and acquire "territory". Those agencies, to my mind, unethically, do what they can to prevent changes in the law that might decrease their funding and influence. Those billions we spend on marijuana law enforcement are paying a lot of people's salaries.

4 people like this.
  7. Freedom_User

Freedom_User ....Is really high

Thank you Howie. This has been great!

Donating again.

4 people like this.
  8. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

Thanks so much for visiting us here at marijuana.com! :D

:hail:

Come back soon!

4 people like this.
  9. Pompo

Pompo New Member

Well, I hate to say it, but we've run out of time here.

I can't express in words how grateful I am that you've taken time out of your weekend to come here and have this discussion with us, Howard. Kind of funny to think that a misunderstanding is what prompted this discussion :laugh: You and your fellow members of L.E.A.P. do an outstanding job, keep up the great work. We are indebted to you folks :cool: :thumb:

If you ever find some time to come back for further discussions, let me know. I would take great pleasure in keeping the membership informed.

Thanks Howard :wave:

4 people like this.
  10. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

buzzby.. most correct.. my single most effective opponents on the HIll are cops and prison guards who are sucking down 70 billion in paychecks, overtime and cool equipment.

6 people like this.
  11. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

I am always at your service... let's gitt r dun

3 people like this.
  12. El Magico

El Magico New Member

The world is my canvas, I am not woman, yet hear me roar regardless.

If you go into a Speedway, there is a chance you will hear me going on about the war on drugs, "Big Pharm", wasted resources, etc.

You can start the conversation anywhere. Just open your mouth, and let the words come out. Purge yourself of the demonic lies your mind has been infested with. Testify.

Expose the truth, and hold the perveyours of the lies to be destroyed by the eye of scrutiny.

Dissiminate, articulate. Chew their filth up, and spit it back it their faces.

Burn the fucking liars at the stake of public opinion for no more than they are, the most vile, disgusting human beings to walk the face of the planet.

The ones seeking to control your destiny as their own.

Every man has within him the strength to find the truth.

Fight the power! (Okay, we need a better slogan than that. I'll work on it. :p)

13. Buzzby

Are you reading the same forums I am? I'd say that the members who advocate, practice, and talk about responsible use are a minority. I can't tell you how often I read, "There's no such thing as 'too high'" and "I just smoke until I can't smoke any more". I cringe when I read some of these posts and think about the impression they'd make on someone sitting on the fence about marijuana legalization.

10 people like this.
  14. toothfairy420

Yes, unfortunately, California...and a percentage of its MMJ residents have set a bad example of how dispensing can be done. I see it as a learning experience, If other states adopt a simmilar program, there should be far more restrictions, especially in this stage of the battle.

EDIT: I am curious, does anyone have any idea what that percentage is?

15. El Magico

El Magico New Member

A lot of young people round these parts.

Lots of kids around here, but I too am an advocate of "Get as high as you want to.".

Personal responsibility is king for me, and many other Americans, the same kind that upset England oh, so many years ago.

Maybe pot IS bad for you, because being high just made me realize, I should be doing something more productive than preaching to the choir.

Howard, good luck in your preachings, and you can always look to this forum for arguing points.

You'll notice the propaganda lasts about 30 seconds here.

16. Buzzby

17. Pompo

Pompo New Member

I do cringe at times as well, Buzzby :laugh: God knows I've read through tons of the type of posts you are referring to :weird: :trippy: :weird: There's always going to be a contingent of those who don't fit my description, I suppose. But I do truely feel the core of this membership to be responsible users and good people. Not to fear though, it's people like yourself who hang around here on a regular basis that keeps steering them in the right direction ;)

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!!

2 people like this.
  18. hiwayhowie

hiwayhowie New Member

buzzby - i agree. having purple hair and needles sticking out of your face when you go a million man mJ march sets us back everytime.

If i hear one more time - MJ is not a drug it is an herb - i will scream... those people set us back everyday.

6 people like this.
  19. Pompo

Pompo New Member

And can we please stop using the word "dude" in our legalization debates, please!!! I don't ask for much, I'd consider it a personal favor :D

2 people like this.
  20. toothfairy420

You prompted me imagine a scenario just now...

Hypothetically, if marijuana were legalized and age restricted, use by young teens will go down. It seems to me that most of the people here who are being irresponsible about their use are young teens, age 13-16 and they're essentially going through the "honeymoon phase" of their relationship with Mary. So if an age restriction of 21 was set, do you think that older people starting for the first time will have a higher instance of abuse?

Which stage in life do you think holds more pros than cons when dealing with this phase; high school years, or establishing yourself/your career years.

To me, it almost seems is if age 18 would be a more appropriate age to be set.

2 people like this.