How to "inhale"?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Mikeman9412, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Hey guys...

What are some tips when just starting to smoke cannabis?

How do I know I'm inhaling??

2. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Just keep inhaling, my friend had to hold to his nose to inhale properly, now he can rip it like a pro without doing that. After you take a hit suck in air through your mouth so you get all the smoke.

Hope that helps, have fun smokin,
    L4TN

3. Marsh™

Marsh™ New Member

~Also
    Along with what L4TN said, do not swallow while doing this. It may be tempting because your throat will feel a little dry, and you will cough. But swallowing will cause you to swallow smoke, which can be harmful. Just have a drink at the ready.

4. Love4TheNugg

Good ass point, thanks for bringing that up dude, been there done that and it sucks ass. No matter what dont swallow, just keep smokin n tokin

5. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

I shall not swallow!! :)

At least I'll try not too

So can I cough? Can someone just guide me through the whole process :) sorry but I really am clueless about this topic :) HAH

6. Love4TheNugg

Cough away, some people say its gets you higher and Id have to agree.

7. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

If you use a bong will you still cough? Does it help cool the smoke therefore would it be a better way to start?

8. Love4TheNugg

It definately cools the smoke, and it really depends on the weed but yes you will still probably still cough. :bong2: just rip it like no tomorrow and you wont regret it. Just keep in mind if you've never smoked you'll get hella fuckin messed. in a good way.

9. Pennywise87

Pennywise87 New Member

Mikeman9412, have you ever smoked regularly? not including weed?

10. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

No actually :)

I believe tobacco is horrible for you :)

The most I've done is probably when I was 14 smoking dried leaves and stuff like that...

I always kept it in my mouth but I inhaled a few times (I think)

I also made a bong once hahaha and tried that, I inhaled a lot and didn't cough much but I may have not even inhaled?

11. Pennywise87

Pennywise87 New Member

Dried leaves? As in off the tree dead leaves? wow, that's nasty.
    Anyway the easiest way for me to say it is to breathe in as you would regularly when your breathing in air and take the smoke into your lungs. Breath as deep as you feel comfortable doing so, then exhale. I prefer doing this with water smoking devices(bongs, etc) cause it does cool the smoke before it enters your lungs, causing a nicer, smooth rip.
    I hope that makes sense. Lol...

12. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

hey I was 14! I wanted to act cool and see what it was like :) hahaha

13. Hellraz0r

Hellraz0r Sr. Member

Yeah as the other people have said, take your hit, but leave room to suck air AFTER the hit, which pushes the smoke into your lungs.

As my friend always says "If ya don't cough, ya don't get off."

If you cough you probably took quite a good hit and will feel it sooner or later :p

Toke it easy dude, just relax and don't over-do it.

14. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

If you're smoking a bong, it's really hard to not inhale. You need to use your lungs to clear a bong, whereas it's possible to take a hit from a pipe or a joint into only your mouth.

If you're hitting a bong, though, be careful about the size of your hits. When you're smoking a pipe, you inhale smoke throughout the whole hit, so you can stop and take your thumb off the carb when it feels like you've had enough. A bong keeps the vast majority of the smoke in the chamber until you clear it, so you need to judge the size of the hit based on how it looks, not how it feels. Being new to smoking, I'm sure you don't know yet how big of a hit you can handle, so milk small hits in the bong and clear them solidly. As long as you're actually inhaling, you don't need big hits and you don't need to cough to get high. The idea that "you need to cough to get off" is just absurd. I don't cough very often, but I always get high, and I get just as high as I do when I cough. There may be some psychological benefit to coughing for some people, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. Better to take comfortable hits and get high progressively.

15. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Inhaling is breathing.

You know how to breathe, so you know how to inhale.

Take a hit from whatever you're smoking out of, fill your lungs with however much you're comfortable with, and right before you think you're about to take as much as you want, stop and take a breath of fresh air to push all the smoke further down into your lungs.

:)