How to make a home made glass bowl.

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by PinkF Zeppelin, Jan 26, 2012.

1. PinkF Zeppelin

PinkF Zeppelin New Member

Hey guys I figured out how to make a glass bowl piece at your house!You need a miniature tabasco bottle like the kind you get at a restaurant. [​IMG] So you just empty out the tabasco bottle then score around the bottom with an exacto knife or really anything that can scratch it. Then heat up the bottom of it because that is where you will put your bud in. I'm not exactly sure how hot it will need to be but I just touched my soldering iron to it that was 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Then after heating it before it gets a chance to cool down grab the cooler end with pliers then dip the heated end in the water. The bottom should fall off or at least crack and then you just repeat if it only cracks. I can post pictures tomorrow of the finished project if you want!

2 people like this.
  2. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

Would a glass cutter work....:shrug:

Welcome to the site......:wave:

Ded.....

3. PinkF Zeppelin

Haha I'm sure it would, this is for the average stoner though who doesn't have the tools for that. Also thanks, and I hope that this helps out.

4. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

No problem.......:pimp:

Ded.....

5. anonymoosey

anonymoosey New Member

Thats brilliant! any ideas on how to attatch it to a stem?

cheers,

Moosey

6. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

Glass cutter would work but you may have to cut a square hole....

Remember when Sobe bottles were glass..I made one out of that...But I also have a very good rotary tool..The key is to go slow, so you don't break the glass..

7. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

Cool idea man. I can't tell you how many times I thought in my days before I got my glass on glass bong that I just wanted a glass bowl for my home-made pieces... And of course you come up with a solution after I'm done with home-made lol.

8. PinkF Zeppelin

Yea I just take one of those all black sanford uniball pens. They are probably one of the most common pens.Anyway so you just cute like an inch and a half of the pen off and you are going to use that inch and a half as the stem. The tip of the tobasco bottle won't fit in it so you are going to need to cut the pen down the side a little bit so it will fit. Then you just wrap it SUPER tight in electrical tape and it should stay. Then you can make a down stem out of a sharpie and the stem you just made will slide in and out of it perfectly to make a home made pull stem.

If that didn't make sense I can make a video or something cause it's really hard to explain/

Aww come on my home made is so much fun! I love having a new piece like every week lol.

2 people like this.
  9. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

Trust me man. When I lived at my homie's house for a couple weeks when I had no where to go.... His closet was fuckin piled with home-made bongs. There must have been 30 all different shapes sizes and functions.

However the only thing we couldn't ever figure out was a good slider. Please make of vid of that shit!

10. anonymoosey

anonymoosey New Member

thanks :). i not such a fan of having plastic near anything im lighting and breathing, but ill definatley keep it in mind.

Cheers! ::bounce::

11. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

So any word on a vid man? I may not need home-made pieces any more, but improvising on the fly while outside the house, I could always use a good slider to throw on a quick fashion piece.

The only slider I've been able to come up with was while I was living with my parents. I had no money so i couldn't purchase supplies to make a proper slider. So I just took this plastic pen that had a rubber grip and I basically took the body of it and flipped it backwards into the rubber grip, and then shoved the body into the water line, and just place the bowl into the rubber grip. Actually worked as a slider.

12. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

double post

13. PinkF Zeppelin

Yea man I'll make a video when I can. I'm a young stoner so I have to wait until my parents go do some shit. I may just have to take pictures of the process but i'll do what I can. I also need to find my tabasco bottles haha.

14. PinkF Zeppelin

Nor am I but the outside of the glass stays cool enough to touch. Is what i'm eventually going to do is get some thin metal tubing from the hardware store and use that. Or even one of those zebra pens would work and just cut down the side spread it out then electrical tape around it.

15. CasSteal

CasSteal New Member

I'm more of a visual kinda guy