How to make a *pure* apple pipe

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by couchlock, Jun 22, 2006.

1. couchlock

couchlock New Member

I keep reading many people's stories and methods on how to make apple pipes, and many of them require the use of foil or some other metal or non-apple screen.

The way to make a pure apple pipe is this.

The bowl first off, is already there for you. Pull out the stem, and nature has made a bowl for you. The key to modifying the bowl is to not poke a hole down this part, but to make a few slits.

Any kind of knife, butter knife or pocket knife, and sometimes scissors are good for making the slits down into the core of the apple. Make 2 or 3 slits, sometimes you might have to widen them out a bit with some bending back and forth, but don't make them wide enough where weed falls down.

Make the mouth piece on the side of the apple by making a normal hole that connects to the core. A similar tunnel for the carb as well.

Test the airflow and make any changes needed. The knife slits going down from the bowl should meet and flow air to the mouth piece.

If you need a screen, I have found peeling a fraction of skin from anywhere on the apple, and placing it over any holes in the bowl is good, as the smoke goes around and down the slits.

Now you know how to make an apple pipe without that nasty foil.
    2 people like this.
  2. SmkrSuperHero

SmkrSuperHero New Member

i give you props....i really want to try it...i remember one tiem i made a whole straight down and my weed fell in and i couldnt retrive it...it was stuck i tryed blowing it out but it didnt work....and im scared of aliminum foil...
  3. couchlock

couchlock New Member

Yeah, I made a good little apple pipe one night at this party. Me and about 5 others just sat in this little room and passed it around, it worked really well.

Just make sure the bowl isnt too wet or anything.
  4. imported_redeyejedi

imported_redeyejedi - smokaholic -

The two times I've made an apple pipe (both very successful), I just put a metal screen in to block the weed, but using the skin is a very good idea, poking some holes in it like tin foil. Then it would just taste like nice apple even if the "screen" burns.
  5. imported_SBsurferdude

imported_SBsurferdude Surfing Fiend

the way i use to do it was instead of making slits i made a bunch of small holes with a toothpick, worked like a charm.
  6. couchlock

couchlock New Member

Yes, the toothpick idea sounds good. Either way, as long as you don't make a huge hole in the bowl you should be fine.
  7. TMG

TMG Subscriber

When I was in high school I had an apple pipe and I decided it's be brilliant to hide it under my bed. I forgot about it for the entire weekend practically and then one morning I woke up and the dorm mother was in our room searching for what she was sure was a bottle of vodka or something. The apple had like rotted or something and smelled like alcohol. I'm not sure why, I guess it ferments really quickly. I couldn't tell her it was just an apple because I had used the apple to smoke pot out of. It sucked. :D
  8. ARTPHORM

ARTPHORM New Member

yeah apple pipes work really good i use them all the time cuz all the ppl i smoke with are broke asses and no one ever has a pipe so we gotta use an apple its works good im an expert at making apple pipes now LOL!
  9. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

I suggest you invest in some papers :)
  10. fuzzyninja

fuzzyninja Lounge Lizard

Ten Second Apple Pipe

1. Take out the stem - your bowl is there.
    2. Make a hole about halfway through the apple by stabbing a pencil straight through the bowl on top.
    3. Make the mouthpiece by stabbing a pencil anywhere on the side into the tunnel you made with the first stab.
    4. (optional) Make the carb by simply making another hole similar to your mouthpiece.

I don't see why a screen is needed. If you pack a bowl on top and just smoke it there shouldn't be any problems. If the weed somehow falls down the hole, (I don't see why it would), you can still smoke it - just suck the flame down the hole a little more.
  11. CrosbyColor

CrosbyColor New Member

I once was at a park with some friends and my buddy's pipe had broken as he went to pull it out of his pocket. So what I ended up doing was walking to a tree nearby, taking one of those little green apples that were hanging from a branch, carving a funnel with a hair pin and using a 5 dollar pill for the mouthpiece to connect to the bowl at where the stem had used to be.

It was tastey and actually worked quite well.
  12. jdhammer

jdhammer Canadian Stoner

Smoking through an apple?

Hey all,

Just had a joint with the g/f and we're watching 40 Year Old Virgin. Saw them smokin weed through an apple......My girlfriend promptly dispatched me to fetch an apple and a knife. Can anybody help me out here? Is this worth it? How do you do it (is it just two holes??)

Thx guys.
  13. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

It doesn't have to be apples, it can be anything.

You basically create a hole to put the weed in, a hole to put your mouth on, and connect them together. It's also possible to make a bong with an apple.
  14. boondock-saint

boondock-saint New Member

yea basically what jake said. You cut out the stem from the top and make it kinda bowl shaped. Then use a pen to make a whole through the top to halfway throught the apple. Then you do the same thing from the side and make them meet together and leave the pen in the side. Pack the bud, light it, and smoke through the pen thingy.
  15. imported_SBsurferdude

imported_SBsurferdude Surfing Fiend

try searching the homemade section. heres some links to apple bongs and pipes apple bong apple pipe
  16. rich420

rich420 New Member

my buddy and i are almost pro at making these apple pipes.
    before i got my little pipe we use to always have to make apple pipes.
    we would run into Ralphs, steal an apple, come out, carve it, and light it up. =]
    we did it about every friday at the movies.
    i would do it almost every day in the summer when i didnt have anything else.
  17. chambrace08

chambrace08 New Member

I successfully made my first apple pipe yesterday after reading this thread. As i kept reading it made me want to make one more and more so i decided to and it turned out really well. I thank you guys for teaching me how to make a pretty good pipe for almost nothing.
  18. imported_MarcoPolo

imported_MarcoPolo New Member

i have made an apple bong twice, adn both times i punched little holes into it with a toothpick, it worked pretty well each time, although i didnt think it was that great that i would do it all the time
  19. smoke'n'hope

smoke'n'hope New Member

after readin on here last nite how to make an apple pipe, i had to try it and it was so easy to make i just used a pen casing and away we went. we did use hash though which tasted horrible so we are goin to get some bud and try that again. will defo try the apple pipe again as it is easy to make and quick, thanks for the ideas every1.
  20. buttons

buttons New Member

coconuts for bowls, apples for bowls, foil for crank ONLY

great idea, cause I refuse to smoke anything with foil! im not a foil smoker for goodness sake!
    but heck yes, wonderful idea!!
    but I also figured out how to make a bowl from a coconut, it's easy, it has kind of premade holes in it, just take the nail and punch the holes thru, insert ur slide into one, straw in the other, there ya go!