How to prepare marijuana for use?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Mikeman9412, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

Hey guys!

How do you prepare marijuana for use? Let's say you have some that contains some nugs and some loose leaves...

1) how big do you break up the nugs?

2) what do you do with the loose small leaves and pieces?

3) how do you remove the seeds?
  2. bluedeadbear

bluedeadbear Sr. Member

1. with your fingers then throw them into a grinder
    2. smoke them
    3. break up the weed with your fingers and you'll be able to remove the seeds
  3. Mikeman9412

Mikeman9412 New Member

What if you don't have a grinder? More my question is how small should I break them up into because I don't want them to fall in my bowl?
  4. KyMon7

KyMon7 New Member

Well if you don't want them to fall into your bowl you should consider getting pipe screens. then you can basically break up the weed as small as you want
  5. Raizor *3GS*

Raizor *3GS* Sr. Member

yeah. Screens are not expensive at all. You can pick up like a pack of 10 screens at a convient store for under a dollar...
  6. Pennywise87

Pennywise87 New Member

Use your thumb and first finger to gently loosen the nug. I don't have a grinder either and that's what I do. Once you get it small enough for your liking, if you need one, get a pipe screen. It's what I use.
  7. jdogg2112

jdogg2112 Sr. Member

The finer you grind it, the more surface area you're exposing (which is why ground up weed doesn't keep as long as intact buds), but you don't want to turn it to a powder.

The bulk of the pieces should be 2-3 mm across, to give you some point of reference. Whether you go larger or smaller than that is a matter of preference. To prevent pieces from falling through the hole in your bowl, break off a piece that's a little bit larger than the hole and put that in first. Then you can fill the rest with finer pieces and nothing will fall through until that last piece turns to ash.

This is something most people learn through experience, so I encourage you to try out different things. That way you'll learn what works best for you.
    2 people like this.
  8. Justiiice

Justiiice New Member

I cut my buds up with scissors. i have a grinder but I never use it anymore. I need one with a kief catcher...
  9. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

There's no strict guidelines as to how much nugs should be broken up. I just do mine manually unless i'm rolling a joint. Just take small chunks as possible with your fingers, that's what I do and it works.
  10. PepeTheMano

PepeTheMano New Member

1) how big do you break up the nugs?
    With Scissors
    2) what do you do with the loose small leaves and pieces?
    I smoke them
    3) how do you remove the seeds?
    They usually pop out when you cut them with scissors
  11. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

you remove them
    4 people like this.
  12. buddlydoright

buddlydoright New Member

wow that was great. Like you sergically remove them with q-tips and rubber gloves. lol You just take them out hahaaa lol Wow I'm high./
  13. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I pull them apart with dental tools to avoid getting the resin stuck to my fingers. I pull them apart into small enough pieces that they'll fit in my grinder.

I throw them into the grinder, too.

Back in the day when I got weed that had seeds, I'd break up the buds manually or with scissors, depending on how sticky they were. You can feel where the seeds are and squeeze them out. I'd put the broken-up weed onto a tray with raised edges. Tilt the tray with the weed at the high end. Turn the weed over with a card repeatedly until all the seeds have rolled to the lower end of the tray.
  14. Yoda Master roller

Yoda Master roller New Member

old school :D hand picked seeding and steaming, then grind the hell out of it for the bong or Vap ... and sometimes a J.