Huge Plants... Need advice

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by Floridagrower, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Floridagrower

Floridagrower New Member

Hi,

I'm a recreational tryingtobe outdoor grower and for the first time had some success with two plants. After about 12 weeks, one plant is about 6 foot and one about 4 foot. Neither had any sign of flowering at earlier stages so I assume they are female. I probably did not plant them at the perfect time unless I got lucky. They have been In the ground for about 12-14 weeks.

I have not used any nutrients. Is there anything I should do at this point to increase my chances of success? My main concern is what will happen if I planted at the wrong time and they become too mature before the days get longer and it naturally begins to bud? Is there anything I can do to get an outdoor plant to bud before the days get longer? Does it matter exactly when i planted it?

Thanks for your help!
    T

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Your plants will remain in the vegetative growth status until the light/dark cycle reaches a point where the days are shorter. That's what naturally triggers the flowering stage. They can't get "too mature". They just keep getting bigger. Growers who use "mother" plants to produce clones keep their mothers in the vegetative growth stage for years by controlling the lighting.

3. Floridagrower

Floridagrower New Member

Thank you Buzzby. Should I add any nutrients at this point? I've not added any to date and the plants look healthy and green