Hypoglycemia and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by noobschoolbus, Apr 4, 2011.

1. noobschoolbus

noobschoolbus New Member

Hey hoping someone could answer this question....

After 3-4 years of wondering what the hell is wrong with my body, I've finally came to the conclusion that I have reactive Hypoglycemia (excessively low blood sugar) and possibly other related problems with my pancreas.

Over the course of these 3-4 years I've smoked for many months at a time and I've taken 2-3 month breaks (mainly for school or family issues). The thing is, I've realized that the symptoms of my Hypoglycemia were much less significant when I was smoking.

I just quit smoking again about a month ago and my symptoms have come back in full force. I always connected some of the symptoms (like horrible night sweats) with my withdrawal for marijuana. I've read marijuana withdrawal can cause night sweats for 1-2 weeks. The sweats are always worse when I first quit smoking, but it's been over a month and I don't expect them to stop.

Does anyone here have hyper or hypoglycemia and notice a difference when smoking? Can smoking possibly make these problems worse in the long run? It sure seems to do a good job at masking them.

Anyway, I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment to check for Hypoglycemia and maybe get a glucose tolerance test.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.